XW-P1 software update failed

Guest Berthold

Guest Berthold

Hi,

I tried to install the software update (1.10) but unfortunately if failed. It stopped half way. I use a Macbook Air. The XW-P1 won't come up again.

Any suggestions on what to do now?

Tnx,

Berthold

Uh oh, as far as I know that means a return to Casio.

There was a known issue with the original Mac update file but that was fixed in the latest download so it must have been something else which caused it.

Sorry can't help any more but perhaps Mike or Jared have a secret reset tip...

Berthold

I had the same problem from a Windows Vista machine. I suspect the problem was Vista, not the XW-P1. The update stopped about halfway through, the XW-P1 rebooted and could not come up. Fortunately, I was able to get it to come back up in UPDATE mode, so when I reconnected the USB cable, the update re-ran and all was fine (wheh !). If you have not tried getting the XW to came back up in UPDATE mode, give it a try. You might just luck out like I did.

Good luck !

Berthold

No ! I just re-did the procedure to go into UPDATE mode and it worked. A friend, who has an XW-P1 told me I probably did get a complete load the first time, and just did not realize it, but then why wouldn't it come up after that first attempt ? Oh, well ! Sorry that won't work for you. Just wanted to share my experience with you in case you had not re-tried.

@bethold

try to read this discussion topic in this forum:

hope you kept the original box and receipt for the XW.

Hi,

I tried to install the software update (1.10) but unfortunately if failed. It stopped half way. I use a Macbook Air. The XW-P1 won't come up again.

Any suggestions on what to do now?

Tnx,

Berthold

• 3 weeks later...