Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI connection problem.

Hello:

I ask for help. I have a USB MIDI cable. The XW connected to a PC with a USB cable. Consider also the USB MIDI cable connected to a PC.

I open the Data Editor for CASIO XW-P1. In peferencias says "Failed to Connect to XW-P1".

I don't know connect the MIDI. I ask for help. THANKS.

My English is very basic. I don't know English. Thanks for your patience.

P.D.: I use the program Audacity, Does it work?

David

You do not need the cable you show in your attached picture. You need the same type of cable you use for a USB printer. The flat end goes to a USB port on your PC and the square end goes to the USB port on the back of the XW-P1. See the "Connecting to a computer" section of your manual. Its on Page 79 of the English manual, but I am not sure what page it will be on in yours, but it should be on about Page 79. I do not think the Data Editor can even use those 5 pin MIDI IN/OUT ports for talking to the XW-P1. Save those ports for connecting to other equipment (like sound modules) that you might have.

If you use the "printer type" cable, you do not need any special drivers for your PC as the XW-P1 will automatically use the built-in drivers.

Good luck !

David, when I refer to an interface I mean a recording interface that is attached to the PC by firewire or USB with a MIDI connection to the keyboard. That is one way of connecting, the other is MIDI over USB that tnicoson described above. Casio has several files for the XW series that you can download from their site such as the data editor and a firmware update if you need it.

• 1 month later...