• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Richie Rich

Richie Rich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I purchased a used Casio LK-280. It looks like it is in great shape. No signs of physical damage of any kind.

All other features seem to be working great, except for the keyboard keys not lighting up.

I've gone through the manual, page by page, to no avail.

Reset it according to factory default settings (pg 8), nothing happened.

Held down the function key for several seconds, able to see the feature on the LCD screen that indicates keyboard light is on or off. I tried both on and off, and nothing changed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try? I'd really, really love to get this working!

Thank you for any ideas you can offer!

Richie Rich
  • eveperbiddecy, twettydittY, Zewelitor and 8 others like this

#2 Mike Martin

Mike Martin

Expert

• Administrators
  • 745 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Sorry I missed this thread. So if you press the two buttons for "DEMO" on the front panel, the lights don't light up?
-Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc.

#3 Zula

Zula

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

I am having the same problem.  The Demo doesn't light up either.  Can anyone help?

#4 JohnBovard

JohnBovard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Funny, the first thing I researched was how to turn the lights off.

#5 Fred

Fred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

I just bought a brand new casio lk-280 from walmart and I'm having the same problem. I spent a lot of time going thru the manual and did the same thing you did without any results. It's late so tomorrow I will put everything back in the box and take it back to the store. I ordered it online to store delivery so now I'm going to have to wait another week and a half probably to get another one.

#6 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I just got this keyboard yesterday and had the same problem. Today, I decided to take it apart to see if there was anything missing or disconnected. Luckily, it was a cable that was disconnected; a simple fix.  I made a video to show what was wrong with my Casio.   http://youtu.be/vD15JC-M5sQ

• tbanchie likes this

#7 Scott Hamlin

Scott Hamlin

MEMBER SUPPORT

• Administrators
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Glad you were able to fix it.. I fill just mention if you buy a new one that doesn't light up, it is best to return it. Opening it up yourself will void or warranty and may cause other problems.  :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casio PX-5S Facebook Group: https://facebook.com/groups/Casio.Px5s
Casio XW Series Facebook Group: https://facebook.com...Casio.XW.Synths

#8 tbanchie

tbanchie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

I had the same problem with keys not lighting up - and the solution was the same as Jonny found - cable not plugged in.   This saved me from lots of frustration when I discovered the issue late on Christmas Eve.    Anyone who knows how to operate a screwdriver can do the same - of course be careful as you open it up.   It only requires 8 screws to be undone - the ones directly behind the panel that is being shown removed in the video.   It takes less than 5 minutes and saves a trip to the store to return it - or in my case - several days to receive a new one int the mail.   thanks Jonny!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users