Casio LK-280, keys won't light up

Richie Rich

I purchased a used Casio LK-280. It looks like it is in great shape. No signs of physical damage of any kind.

All other features seem to be working great, except for the keyboard keys not lighting up.

I've gone through the manual, page by page, to no avail.

Reset it according to factory default settings (pg 8), nothing happened.

Held down the function key for several seconds, able to see the feature on the LCD screen that indicates keyboard light is on or off. I tried both on and off, and nothing changed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try? I'd really, really love to get this working!

Thank you for any ideas you can offer!

Richie Rich

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought a brand new casio lk-280 from walmart and I'm having the same problem. I spent a lot of time going thru the manual and did the same thing you did without any results. It's late so tomorrow I will put everything back in the box and take it back to the store. I ordered it online to store delivery so now I'm going to have to wait another week and a half probably to get another one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I had the same problem with keys not lighting up - and the solution was the same as Jonny found - cable not plugged in.   This saved me from lots of frustration when I discovered the issue late on Christmas Eve.    Anyone who knows how to operate a screwdriver can do the same - of course be careful as you open it up.   It only requires 8 screws to be undone - the ones directly behind the panel that is being shown removed in the video.   It takes less than 5 minutes and saves a trip to the store to return it - or in my case - several days to receive a new one int the mail.   thanks Jonny!

• 4 years later...

Thanks, Jonny. I have bought a brand new lk280 but keys did not illuminate from the beginning. But I succeeded to fix the problem after watching your video.Thank you very much!

(I am wondering why CASIO is not going to fix this problem as the manifucturer..)