Video Files on Forum ×

Personal intro, and instrument discussion

Hi. My main Casio instrument these days is the CTK900 - I have three of them. I also have a WK 1800, and I used to have an MT40 which I bought in 1982 and had perched on top of my Korg MS20 for many years.

I have three CTK900s for two reasons. First, even though the programmability seems limited at first, I've managed to programme a lot of good sounds with them. Second, and more importantly, I've imported a lot of sounds as WAV files, and it makes sense to have several keyboards with different sample sets. For example I'm currently working with an artist who's doing a large scale work on the atom bombing of Hiroshima, and I have a CTK900 with a complete set of shakuhachi samples which will be used in that project. I can also take a CTK900 and busk in the streets with Fairlight samples, and so on.

Although the CTK900 doesn't have any performance wheels, it will take pitch bend and modwheel data over MIDI, which makes a big difference.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sweep

It never ceases to amaze me what folks like yourself do with their Casio keyboards. I bought my WK-3800 six years ago, and have been following the Casio Yahoo Forum ever since. There is a whole world of professional gigging musicians over there. I am convinced that the WK's and CTK's of today see more professional use than the "pro" FZ's and CZ's of yester-year ever did - and as you have already found, with a little tender loving care, these things can last forever. My WK-3800 will have a place of honor in my studio for as long as it works. Best of luck with your "900's".