Pure Major and Pure Minor scales

vishforcasio

Hello,

I have the WK-200. It allows me to select preset scales such as Pure Major, Pure Minor.

By default, the scale is "Equal Temperament".

I would like to use "Just Intonation" which is not available in WK-200.

My question is what are Pure Major and Pure Minor?

Are they very close to "Just Intonation"?

Thanks.

I sent you  (rather over-long) response to this in your other post. Sorry, I was a music teacher, couldn't help writing a dissertation! As I said in the other post, the simple answer is yes, just and "pure" are pretty much the same. Still a little foggy on the guitar thing though. I'm researching it. Guitar frets are tuned to equal temperament, but somehow keyboard and guitar chords never sound right together. Many guitarists will tune to what sounds right to them, and this I think is what causes the pitch problems-the ear wants to hear "just" intervals which are (debatably) easier and more pleasant to hear in some key signatures and some guitarists will play that way naturally by compensating for this with how they press between frets and other variables not controllable by a keyboard player. And if the guitar's "intonation" is not just right (many guitars are not set up right for intonation) again depending on where on the neck you are chording, it will not be in tune with the keyboard playing in equal temperament. Always best to stay off the guitar's chords as the keyboard player. Is this why you are interested in just tuning? "Just" curious. :)

Thank you for the response.

I am glad to know that "Pure" and "Just" are one and the same thing.

Casio provides two "Pure" scales : Pure Major and Pure Minor.

What are the differences?

Specifically I would like to know the frequency ratios used in Pure Major and Pure Minor.

Just intonation uses frequency ratios such as 3/2, 5/4 and so on.

Casio has not provided ratios it uses on Pure Major and Pure Minor.

Casio has also not provided the frequency and cents on the middle C key for Pure Major and Pure Minor.

I will really appreciate if I get this information.

Thanks.