Audio Playback - Synthesizer only?

Scal3r

All,

I'm tyring to play a wave file that I transferred to my SD card via the DataEditor software and I can play the file. That all works great. But I'm finding that when I go into the playback mode that it automatically puts me into synthesizer mode and locks me there until I exit the playback menu.

My goal is to play the PCM's(piano/brass/woodwinds/etc...) with my sound files. Is this not possible?

Thanks

Scal3r

You are correct. As soon as you press the DEMO/PLAY (SETTING/WRITE) buttons, it locks the XW into SOLO SYNTH mode. I have no idea why Casio would have designed it that way, for exactly the problem you are running into. In order to do what you want to do, you will need to put your music into an MP3 player and connect it to the AUDIO IN jack, but there may be an advantage to this anyway. If you use a good quality MP3 player (with built-in EQ), this will give you better control over the sound and volume of your backing music. I know, it's still a bit disappointing anyway.