Video Files on Forum ×

CASIO CTK-5200 MIDI DRIVER

vcarter360

So I bought a Casio CTK-5200 Digital Keyboard and it is MIDI compatible. The problem is every time I connect the USB to my PC, my PC CANNOT install the driver. It says "Device driver software was not successfully installed." and in the device manager it says "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)". I tried to download the device driver but I cannot seem to find the driver for this model. And btw my PC is Windows 7 64 Bit. Please somebody help me out.  :)

The CTK-5200 is class compliant.  That means any computer should be able to install a generic driver for the keyboard automatically.  It sounds like something is interrupting that process on your particular computer.  It could be the usb cable, a Windows issue or the keyboard itself.  I would start by trying another computer to rule out the USB cable and keyboard itself if possible.  

• Like 1

In connection with Brad's trouble shooting suggestion, you might find the following link useful.  In this discussion, when they mention "controller", they are talking about a MIDI controller keyboard, but it applies to full featured keyboards just as well.  The mention of other USB device drivers that can interfere with or disable USB-MIDI is what caught my attention.  Their discussion only lists a couple of specific items, but I think there are any number of webcam, and wireless keyboard/mouse drivers that can cause problems with USB-MIDI, or at least, Class Compliant USB-MIDI.  As you trouble shoot, avoid any advice that tells you to go into Device Manager and disable all of your USB devices, and then reboot your computer.  If all of your input devices (keyboard, mouse, etc.) are USB connected, you will end up with a computer that you can not communicate with.

http://www.numark.com/kb/article/1619#prescription_resources

• Like 1