Video Files on Forum ×

Saving Registrations 7600

musikrx

Okay - yes - I'm back!  Not sure where I'm going wrong but I'm trying to alter a volume of parts (in this case A12) in a particular registration.  First, I thought it wasn't saving, but now I'm finding after I lower the volume either via slider or wheel and then save it, it not only saves the part change in one registration, but carries over to the next.  Any advice?

....and now I'm editing this post again.  After turning the keyboard off and on, I have realized that no change at all was saved to a registration.   Help Please....................... :)

Yet again editing - I've decided to try one-touch presets instead since I'm frustrated w/the registrations but still would like info it possible.  Re: user presets:

1. Can you save "Accomp" to a non-flashing state (non-chord).  I did see you could set it to play intro and synch but I didn't see a choice for accomp.

2. Can you edit (via mixer - I think) volume of parts A9-A16 and have them saved in either a user preset or registration?

3. What is the difference between a registration and a user preset except for ease of access?

4. When you edit volumes and want to save them, is always via the mixer? 

5. Have I asked you enough questions about the volumes of things yet?

Thank you!

Melissa

Melissa

To determine why you were not able to save your volume change to Part A12, refer to the Parameter List on Page 162 of the manual.  You are interested in Column 2 of this table, as those are the items that are saved in a Registration.  Any item in this list that has a circle in Column 2 is saved in a Registration. No circle in Column 2 indicates that that item is not saved as part of a Registration.  Now go to the very last section of the table on the right hand side of the page, the section with the title that starts with the words "Mixer Settings".  The circles in Column 2 indicate the various mixer parameters that are saved as part of a Registration, but now let's go back and read the entire title for this section - "Mixer Settings for Part A01 through A04". This only applies to those parts.  Part A01 is the main right hand melody part. Part A02 is the right hand Layer part.  Part A03 plays below the keyboard Split Point along with the Rhythm tones, and Part A04 is the right hand harmony part, if Auto-harmonize is turned on.  Now we need to go to the very last line,  which has no circle in Column 2 for Parts A05 through A16 or Parts B01 through B16.  That is to say that mixer settings for Rhythm Parts A09 through A16 are NOT saved as part of a Registration.  Those items must be saved as part of a User Rhythm.  Registrations primarily save the keyboard's global setup parameters, while User Rhythms and User Tones save the edited internal parameters of those items.  So, this explains why you were not able to save the changes to Part A12 as a Registration, and should answer your questions 2 and 3.

"Accomp" is just the Auto-accompaniment "feature" that plays the selected Rhythm.  You can not "save" anything to it.  The "flashing" when the Rhythm is playing is just a visual indication of the tempo.  When "Accomp" is on in the display, but the Rhythm is not running (standby) you get a "drone" chord if you play a chord in the left hand section of the keyboard.  You can not save anything in relation to this either.  As for your comment about "intro" and "sync" - "SYNC" just determines how the Rhythm starts.  If you leave "SYNC" turned off, you will have to press the START/STOP button to start the rhythm, and only the drum part will start immediately.  The rest of the Rhythm parts will not sound until you make a chord with your left hand.  If you turn "SYNC" on, all Rhythm parts start on beat one of bar one as soon as you make a chord with your left hand.  So, if you select a rhythm, press "SYNC", then press "INTRO", the keyboard will wait for a chord press, and then all Rhythm parts will start with an intro and proceed into the main section of the song.  This now leads us into your question 4.

The Auto-accompaniment control buttons and corresponding "sections" of a Rhythm pretty much follow the structure of a typical song: Intro, Normal (verse), Variation (bridge/chorus), Normal drum fill, Variation drum fill, Ending.  So a complete Rhythm consists of those six sections: INTRO - NORMAL - NORMAL FILL - VARIATION - VARIATION FILL - ENDING.  If you want to edit a part and have the change apply to all sections of the Rhythm, then you must make that change individually in each section where you want it to appear.  There is no "global" edit command that will make a change in all sections of a Rhythm with a single command.  In other words, if you want a change throughout an entire Rhythm, you must make that edit six times - once in each of the sections.  If you only want a change in the Intro, then you only need to edit that section, etc. To do this, you select the Rhythm you want to edit, bring up the PATTERN SEQUENCER, go into EASY EDIT mode, bring up the MIXER, and start making your edit(s) - using the Auto-accompaniment control buttons to switch between the various Rhythm sections as you go - that is, you press the INTRO button to edit the Intro section, and press the NORMAL button to edit the Normal section, etc.  There is no set sequence to this.  You can switch between the various sections at will.  All changes will be stored in temporary memory as you proceed.  When you are finished with your edits, you name your work and save it as a User Rhythm.  Needless to say, editing Rhythms can become a very tedious undertaking - depending on how much editing you want to do.  To answer your question about the MIXER more specifically - Yes !  Rhythm parameter edits such as Tone selection, Part On/Off, Volume, Pan, etc. are done with the MIXER in the Easy Edit mode of the Pattern Sequencer and saved to a User Rhythm.  You can make these changes with the MIXER in real time, as you are playing, but the changes are very fleeting, and will be lost as soon as you change Rhythm sections - say from Normal to Variation, etc - or as soon as you change Rhythms.

As for One Touch Presets - those are merely manufacturer designed/recommended global settings to go with each of the factory Preset Rhythms.  They are not user editable and can not be associated with User Rhythms.  A list of the items controlled/selected by One Touch Presets can be found in the right hand column on Page E-27 of the manual.

I hope you are having fun with your WK-7600 and are not getting too frustrated with it.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Okay - I'm going to tell you what I want to do and you tell me what to call it: user rhythm, registration, etc...

I know you've explained over and over but I'm stumped because I'm used to programming synths a different way.  It takes me too much time from song to song to pick the tone, rhythm, tempo......My goal is to press a button and have the following appear:

A song Name

A chosen Tempo

A chosen user tone

A  chosen rhythm

For example:

Bubbly

tempo: 63

Rhythm: C014

Tone: B030

Thanks Ted!

Set up the keyboard the way you want it for a given song and save it as a REGISTRATION.  You can have everything you mentioned above except the "name".  To my knowledge, no arranger keyboards in this price range allow you to name individual registrations.  The middle to high end Yamahas only allow the naming of "banks" of registrations, but still not individual registrations.  You will need to keep a notebook that cross references Registration numbers to song names, or write the Registration number at the top of your sheet music.

• 1 month later...

Hi-  I just posted a similar problem - trying to save volume changes to parts.  I could have SWORN that I have done this in the past, but maybe I am hallucinating.  You mean you can't edit any of the parts' volumes at all?  That just doesn't seem right to me.