Are there Versatile Tones (or similar) in the PX-360 and PX-560?

AlenK

Although my question concerns both the PX-360 and PX-560 models I am choosing to post it in the PX-560 section.

One of the features of the new MZ-X arranger keyboards is "Versatile Tones." As revealed in the MZ-X300 and MZ-X500 Appendix documents there are four of them: Versatile Nylon Guitar, Versatile Steel Guitar, Versatile Single Coil E.Guitar and Versatile Electric Bass. In each of these tones various noises, harmonics, etc are mapped to different velocities within the note range C1- B6. Other noises and strums are mapped to notes between C7 and G9 (bass ends at G#7).

A note on page A-5 of the PX-360 User's Guide, which I believe likely also applies to the PX-560, suggests that something like Versatile Tones may be implemented in the PX-360/560 models. The note, which is in reference to the preceding Tone List, says "With some guitar tones, playing in the lowest range (far left) or highest range (far right) may result in strum noise, harmonics or other characteristic playing sounds being included with the notes."

The Tone List for the PX-560, which appears in a separate Appendix document, does not include this note. However, it is reasonable to assume that the guitar tones in the PX-560 are the same or a super-set of the guitar tones in the PX-360. Hence, the same note likely does apply.

Can anyone with a PX-360 or PX-560 confirm what the note says and perhaps see how the mapping of noises etc compares to what is described for Versatile Tones in the MZ-X models? This would be way cool if it turns out to be true.

• Like 1

Thanks, swistak. It sounds like some string noises are being triggered on the lowest notes and the highest notes, the latter in combination with the notes themselves, but not the variety listed for the Versatile Nylon Guitar in the MZ-X models. This suggests that the answer to my question is no; these tones aren't Versatile Tones. But they are more "versatile" than previous guitar tones, which is nice.