Video Files on Forum ×

XWP1 MIDI

Whalebone

Hi,

I have searched over the forums, and the companion, and the midi implementation, and the faq and am still having trouble with this. I am using MIDI cables to connect to my xw-p1 to my computer to use LMMS (Ableton is a bit over budget right now) to use some additional sounds with the synth. The computer is picking up the signal and playing it out of the computer, but i cant seem to get the sound back into the xwp1 to play through the output on the xwp1(It just plays whatever tone is selected on the synth). I think i am missing a major step in this process. Any help would be great. I tried reading through the manuals but i might just be a rookie at understanding the technical language of what is actually happening. Apologies if this has already been explained somewhere and i happened to miss it. Big thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction here...

Thanks Scott,

So essentially, i can't pick a sound from the computer, hit a key, and then have it play through the XWP1?

When i hit a key, it triggers the computer to play the sound, but that sound only comes out of the computer, and not the line out on the synth. I've gotten around this by attaching an aux cable from the line out on the computer and running it to the mixer, but i have a feeling thats not how the pros do it...