CASIO PX 160 AS MIDI CONTROLLER FOR OSX EL CAPITAN

Nitish

Do a Bing or Google search on "usb midi problems with osx el capitan" and take your pick as to where you want to start reading - USB-Audio problems, USB-MIDI problems, internal (non-USB) audio problems, software programs that worked fine under Yosemite no longer working under El Capitan (primarily VSTi plug-ins).  It looks like Apple didn't do their homework very well on this one.  In your case, I would say your problem is more likely with your operating system than with your PX-160, so I agree with Scott.  You would probably get a much quicker, and more thorough answer over on the Apple support forums.

Here is a good thread to start with:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7253452?start=0&tstart=0

Most of the references are to USB-Audio DAC problems, but there are also several references to rechecking MIDI settings, so they are apparently having some USB-MIDI problems as well.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I also have a question about using the Privia PX-160 as MIDI controller. I'm trying to run it through garageband on my macbook to lay a drum track, but the only thing it will let me do is pull recordings from the keyboard. for some reason I can't use the keyboard as an actual MIDI controller I'm not sure if I'm missing a step or if it just doesnt work like that, so any information is helpful.