Video Files on Forum ×

Knob value display when Upper 1 not targeted

Mugtwaine

Hello!

I just got my PX 560 today and I'm in love!

One thing I noticed, though. Say I assign knob 1 to affect attack time of upper 2 but not upper 1 (for example to affect the aggression level of the strings without affecting the piano).

In this configuration, the attack time value displayed on the main screen doesn't appear to change as I turn the knob. The string attack does in fact change, it's just not represented visually which makes it a little hard to know what you're doing at a glance.

Is this intentional, or a bug?

Anyway, just a little nitpick. This thing is fantastic!

• Like 2

Ah, actually I found the "note" in the manual where it says this is the expected behavior. I guess I can understand not wanting to complicate things and introduce ambiguity to the display when multiple tones may be targeted by a controller. But if ONLY Upper 2 is targeted (i.e. Upper 1, Lower 1, and Lower 2 are all disabled) then it would seem preferable to have the display reflect the only thing the knob is actually affecting.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I have just got a PX 560 after using & Gigging a PX 330 for a few years & it is brilliant. However I am a bit stuck with the 3 knob/Modulation wheel operation. I have successfully assigned 2 functions to each Knob but cannot find the 'selector' to tell it which of the 2 to control/not control ,So for example on Knob 1, if I assign 'Low Frequency' ( assign 1) & 'Upper 2 volume' (assign 2) when I use the knob it alters both The upper 2 volume AND THE LOW FREQUENCY !!   I have had to get round it for now by selecting 'no assign' on one of the 2 options & saving it as a Registration but surely there must be a 1-2/A-B selector switch somewhere ?

There is no A-B selector.  The two target system is intended to be used together, not seperately.  For example, target 1 can be upper 1 volume while target 2 is upper 2 volume.  Reversing the min max value of one target will produce a crossfader between the two upper parts.  There are many other clever ways to use the two target system.  To disable the second target, set it to "no assign" as you have done and save the registration.     

• Like 1