Video Files on Forum ×

PX-6?s Next Model Wishes

aron

On February 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM, BradMZ said:

I'll just say this.....MZ-X500.  It fulfills many requested features. Pairing that model with a PX-5s would make a killer rig.   ;)

Yes, but not 88 keys and not battery powered. The PX-5S looks better too!

On February 18, 2016 at 0:39 PM, Dave C said:

Getting back to the PX-6S wishes;

- - - - - -

10. In addition to the 88 key model, how about 76 & 61 semi-weighted with water-fall keys.

This reminds me.....

In my wish for a a 76 key version of the PX-5s, I should be clear and state that I want WEIGHTED keys! I don't believe there is ANY 76 key/weighted on the market...and if there is......CERTAINLY not at (LESS than) 24 lbs.!!

I really believe it would sell BILLIONS! It'll be YUGE!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 7:52 AM, Scott Hamlin said:

Companies rarely, if ever, release this type of information, and Casio is no exception. It's a "wait and see" for everyone.

Summer NAMM is next week. I think Casio tends to accumulate and then announce plans at/around the two annual NAMM shows. If anybody knows of any other patterns that would be helpful in knowing "how long we have to wait for new news" I'd be very interested to hear about it. - Thanks!

• 1 month later...

HI,

I asked the question of when the replacement for the PX5-S would arrive several months back. Nobody seems to have any ideas when it will be released. I have great expectations of it, as many other Manufacturers have upped their game therefore I expect Casio to do the same.

So often I hear people comparing different digital pianos with the PX5-S and the Casio not coming out on top. It's only then that I realise the pianos they are comparing the PX5-S with are twice and sometimes three times the price (you never see auto magazines do road tests between Fiat 500's and BMW 5 series) !!

I fully expect the replacement to get rid of half pedalling, and maybe have at least one sample from the Casio GP300/400/500 range. I also hope they change the screen to match the 560. The ability to add sample memory, and a bigger palette of useable sounds. Not too much to ask I hope. And finally, to make it backward compatible to the PX5-S. I don't think that will be possible though.

Chris