Video Files on Forum ×

xw G1 Mixer settings

bala1994

What BradMZ says is, of course, correct.

All I would add is that when I first began to 'play' with the G1, I would commonly fail to take into account what mode I was in or what part was selected etc when using the mixer, so made adjustments with unexpected results (often this was "no result" when I thought there would be one).

With familiarity, and using the information provided on the screen more effectively I no longer have this problem (though I am convinced there are a few 'quirks' that I am yet to substantiate).

The combination of questions you have asked make me wonder whether you have read the manual though. Whilst not a great document, it, in combination with Mike Martin's videos (some of the P1 video's are equally applicable to the G1) , will give you a big step towards understanding the synth.

On 2/18/2016 at 6:27 PM, CairnsFella said:

.................in combination with Mike Martin's videos (some of the P1 video's are equally applicable to the G1)

I hate to quote myself but !!!

I believe these video ARE someone showing you how to use the G1. Otherwise your request is really a very very broad and unspecific one.

To be honest, you have thanked people for their answers but don't seem to be heeding them.

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:35 AM, bala1994 said:

how to use the particular synth....coz i hav not yet used any synth in my life because im a keyboard player just i ll will play live shows..

The XW synths are very rich in features so I understand your problem! And there are now a lot of XW-related videos so perhaps you are having trouble finding the right ones. There aren't as many videos specifically about the G1 as there about the P1. But since the G1 shares many features with the P1 (solo synth, most PCM voices, step sequencer, arpeggiator, phrase recorder, Performances, mixer and much of the UI) you can watch P1 videos and ignore the parts that don't apply to the G1. Here's a selection of videos you should watch, some for G1, some for P1, some for both: