PC3K6 VS PX5S

Maurix

i can have a PC3K6 for my PX5S i wonder how you value switching to a PC3K6 and getting a 88 weighted Masterboard ?!

maybe someone ownes both and can help me for a decision ... i already have a K2000R but seems to be lot different for Kurz Sounds...

I had to make a similar decision 2 years ago.

I could buy a brand new PX-5S for $899 CDN or a store demo PC3K8 with full warranty for $2399 CDN.

Frankly the discount of over a thousand dollars from the list price of Kurzweil won me over and to be honest, though it's an intimidating machine, I've grown to love it more and more each and every day.  I ended up spending close to another thousand on all the pedals, (three switchable and two CC pedals) as well as the ribbon controller and the Kore 64 Expansion ROM and now the unit is the centerpiece of my studio.

I regularly use it as master controller for all my other synths and the quality of the inbuilt sounds and thousands of loadable patches I've found for free or very inexpensive on the web just blows my mind.

The VAST synth sounds are excellent as well as the K3B organs and the acoustic and e pianos are all first class.  Likewise the orchestral and drum sounds are extremely realistic.

I'd say if you can score a PC3K6 for a good price then jump on it.  You could always pick up an inexpensive PX-5S later on to use as a keyboard controller and mainly use the PC3K6 as a module and for the organ voices.

Don't get me wrong.  The PX-5S is a quality instrument and one of the best in its class, but the Kurzweils are in a class by themselves.

In the best of all possible worlds it wouldn't hurt to own both.

Gary ;)

I miss my PC361 which I liked a lot. The interface was archaic. The programming on it was quite painful, but it had a lovely smooth tone. Interestingly enough, the PX-5S has a very smooth sound as well, with a nice high end. I like the PX-5S piano just as much as the PC361 but the Kurzweil was a much more powerful synthesizer and had better strings. The electric pianos on the PX-5S are a match for the Kurzweil, but the 88 notes of the PX-5S and the weight is so much better than the Kurzweil. I replaced my Kurzweil with a Korg Kross - which seems ridiculous, but no it's not. The Kross is an amazing keyboard with a really bad keybed/action. The sounds are great and it's only 9 pounds.

The Kross is the synth equivalent of the PX-5S, the Kurzweil, although heavy, was almost as good as my Korg Kronos.

7 hours ago, Maurix said:

happyrat i own all the K2000 CD´s if you like maybe i can send you some patches i have on Disk free ones for the K Series-

absolutely give a try the Piano MIKE made for Kurzweil this is a amazing ,,,sample

Thanks for the offer but I already have just about every free patch for the PC3K out there.

As well as a boatload of paid for patches.

Fact is I have more patches already than I have time to listen to.

I appreciate the offer but my board is pretty much configured now the way that I want it.

Gary ;)