Video Files on Forum ×

Recorder

Surgtech

I'm contamplating on getting Casio PX-560, but only if I can achieve my desired recording with it. What I'm trying to accomplish is this:

1. Connect audio source in (pc or CD player) that will play my tracks to px-560.

2. I want to play piano part on Casio together with my tracks and record it all together (track with my piano playing part) as audio to usb stick.

3. It is hard to play the whole composition perfectly, I'm referring to piano part. So, I was wondering if I can use built in sequencer in px-560 to devide my piano part into small parts (up to 16) and record it.

4. Once my piano part is perfected, can I then record the whole thing together (track and my piano part) converted as an audio to usb stick, and then burn it to CD as Wav. file?

I'm trying to avoid connecting keyboard to PC to achieve the above.

Thank you,

Andrew

You could accomplish this quite easily on ANY keyboard, with or without a sequencer built in simply by purchasing a cheap mixer and a multitrack Tascam SD Card recorder.

Actually you don't even need the mixer.  The Tascam can handle the routing by itself.

No computer required at a total cost of under $150 USD.

http://www.amazon.com/DP-006-Portastudio-Portable-Multi-Track-Recorder/dp/B00BEGS5NI

Gary ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surgtech said:

I'm contamplating on getting Casio PX-560, but only if I can achieve my desired recording with it. What I'm trying to accomplish is this:

1. Connect audio source in (pc or CD player) that will play my tracks to px-560.

2. I want to play piano part on Casio together with my tracks and record it all together (track with my piano playing part) as audio to usb stick.

3. It is hard to play the whole composition perfectly, I'm referring to piano part. So, I was wondering if I can use built in sequencer in px-560 to devide my piano part into small parts (up to 16) and record it.

4. Once my piano part is perfected, can I then record the whole thing together (track and my piano part) converted as an audio to usb stick, and then burn it to CD as Wav. file?

I'm trying to avoid connecting keyboard to PC to achieve the above.

Thank you,

Andrew

Yes.  You can do that.  You will need to figure out some method to sync the CD track and midi recorder tracks.  If you can figure that out, you could theoretically record a mix of CD player and midi recorder to the usb thumb drive.  

On February 21, 2016 at 9:44 PM, happyrat1 said:

You could accomplish this quite easily on ANY keyboard, with or without a sequencer built in simply by purchasing a cheap mixer and a multitrack Tascam SD Card recorder.

Actually you don't even need the mixer.  The Tascam can handle the routing by itself.

No computer required at a total cost of under $150 USD.

http://www.amazon.com/DP-006-Portastudio-Portable-Multi-Track-Recorder/dp/B00BEGS5NI

Gary ;)

Good idea, Gary.  Andrew's first step is to connect to a computer for the audio, regardless of the last comment about not using a PC to achieve this multi-tracking project.  Using a simple low-cost, or maybe even free, DAW may be easier than working considerably more blind using an internal keyboard recorder/sequencer. Cakewalk (around $50 and up) and GarageBand (free or less than $10 for Apple products) are two amongst a multitude of DAWs that can do this project. 

1. Simply record the desired song (from your CD or PC) to a track on the DAW.

2  Play and record your keyboard part.  

3. Then either edit or add tracks as you eliminate errors. 

4. Editing errant notes and chords can be viewed full-screen.  Usually on a scrollable piano roll. or...

5. Keep doing multiple takes until one gets good enough for a "keeper."

6. You can do the takes on separate tracks, then copy and paste the segments together -- if desired.

Ok, I have one more scenario/question that pertains to recording on PX 560.

If I record something on multiple tracks in MIDI, can I save my recording to USB flash drive as a MIDI file? And if the answer is yes, what are the steps to achieve this? 

Thank you,

Andrew

• 2 years later...
On 2/22/2016 at 3:33 PM, Trent said:

Good idea, Gary.  Andrew's first step is to connect to a computer for the audio, regardless of the last comment about not using a PC to achieve this multi-tracking project.  Using a simple low-cost, or maybe even free, DAW may be easier than working considerably more blind using an internal keyboard recorder/sequencer. Cakewalk (around $50 and up) and GarageBand (free or less than $10 for Apple products) are two amongst a multitude of DAWs that can do this project. 

1. Simply record the desired song (from your CD or PC) to a track on the DAW.

2  Play and record your keyboard part.  

3. Then either edit or add tracks as you eliminate errors. 

4. Editing errant notes and chords can be viewed full-screen.  Usually on a scrollable piano roll. or...

5. Keep doing multiple takes until one gets good enough for a "keeper."

6. You can do the takes on separate tracks, then copy and paste the segments together -- if desired.

I understand this is preferred, but it requires a pc, daw software, space.

is it theoretically possible to do with the px560 recorder?