Video Files on Forum ×

CTK7200 jumps or loses the beats when AUDIO recording a casiowv.wav file

hello all

i have the problem while recording an "AUDIO file" (CASIOWV**.WAV) on my SDcard

statement:

the song plays normally when i  play without recording

when i push "audio recording" button and start to record, i hear the song lose or jumping the beats, it goes out of beat in random points in the 90% of times i record it

the points where the song goes out of beats are always different

please help me

does anyone have this problem ? 

thank you

if you wish, i attached, for an example, a mp3 file, at minute 0.11 you can hear the "jump" (this is not the worst case, many other times the jump is very long)

esempio1.mp3

Stefano

The mp3 file you attached sounds like you are combining an audio signal from an external device with a locally generated MIDI-based Auto-accompaniment pattern from the keyboard.  If that is the case, then you are most likely experiencing the lack of audio-midi sync.  While computer based DAW's and keyboard workstations with "DAW" type sequencers have the capability of syncing audio tracks to MIDI tracks, the Casio CTK/WK workstations do not have this capability, as the audio signals are not handled as "tracks" within the Song Sequencer.  The CTK/WK Song Sequencer has no audio capabilities.  Audio signals are handled completely separate from MIDI-based signals - including the Auto-accompaniment Rhythms.  If that is not how you made this recording, then we need more details about how you made it.

Regards,

Ted

• 3 weeks later...

thank you very much for Your detailed answer,

unfortunately the track you ear is not an external audio signal: all the track in this mp3 file is played with the standard instruments of the keyboard

the recording is made on the UK beat style (style A06) from which I turned off the A12-A13-A14 traces

tempo :124 bpm

tracks:

B025 phaser piano

D055 ovd.gt.m4

D035 dist.gt.3

E022 synth string 1

i simply saved the song on 1 of the 5 "user song slot"

and then i recorded the wav file in the following mode:

- select, in the song sequencer, the user song i wanted to record in a wav file

- push the "audio recording" button

- select the "casiowv*.wav file to write (between 1-20 slots on the SD card)

- push again the "audio recording" button to start the recording

- wait 3-4 seconds to see if the recording timer starts counting

- press "start" button to play the song i want to record

- push the "audio recording" button to end the recording

but still, every time i try to do this operation, through the headphones I hear in some part of the song the beats go faster or slower or "syncopated" / "crossed"

the wrong part is never the same part: if i try to record again the song, the wrong beat It occurs at another point, or does not occur,

but the cases in which all is well are few

thank You again

Stefano

Stefano

Sorry about the misunderstanding about how you made your recording.  The backing did not sound like a preset rhythm, so I thought you were getting it from some external MP3 source, but it was because you had turned off those three tones that was fooling me.  Anyway, using your set up, I have not been able to replicate your problem on my WK-7500, but I need to do some more experimenting.  I need to make a Song Sequencer recording that is absolutely perfect, so that I know that any errors in the final audio recording are the keyboard's and not mine.  Like most things we do, when we know we can not make an error, that is all we can do - is make errors.  I will probably be tied up in the severe weather spotter network for this area over the next day or so.  I need to get my gear together and get prepared for that, so it will probably be a day or so.

Better yet, could you attach a copy of your ".CMS" Song Sequencer file ?  I will render it to an audio file on my WK-7500, convert it to MP3 and post it back here so you can listen to it yourself.  If you do not hear the anomaly in my audio rendering, then you will know that there is either something amiss with your CTK-7200, or it is a quirk of the CTK-7200/WK-7600 model line, but if you do hear it in my audio rendering, then it is probably a quirk of the entire CTK/WK-7XXX model line.

Regards,

Ted

• 3 years later...

Does sound like an sd card problem-transfer rate not able to keep up with the audio wav file. Try defragmenting the SD card, or using a different sd card and see if the same problem occurs. I know some people say defragmenting an sd card doesn't do nything, but I don't agree. If data gets a bit scrambled on the card, defragmenting can re-arrange the data on the card. Wav files and audio in general need a reasonably fast sd card if streaming live audio which is what the the CTK/WK keyboards do apparently wen playing an audio file from the card. I had this problem with a Zoom MRS-8 that used sd cards to record to instead of a hard drive or other media. Unless I used certain sd cards, the recordings would skip terribly.

The "... ah!I and also need an SD card for my board..." in a cheap/tiny neighborhoo-office store while buying batteries for my kid's toys -class, so definetively not the best class. I'll by a good one today and let you know. Cheers!

• 4 months later...

I also had problems with poor recording, but I solved this by replacing the SD card. I went through them and checked a few pieces. In fact, there is no need for a “fast” card, cards with a “low” speed are even better, the operating system of this Casio model is very old (2007) and was developed even earlier and then there were no such high-speed SD cards as now.
Translated with the help of a Google translator, if there are errors, sorry, I hope the meaning of the message is not lost.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, Fran said:

The "... ah!I and also need an SD card for my board..." in a cheap/tiny neighborhoo-office store while buying batteries for my kid's toys -class, so definetively not the best class. I'll by a good one today and let you know. Cheers!

Well I did get the best SD card I could find and problem solved, crystal clear sound :)

Almost every SD card you can buy in the last 5 years is a fast data transfer card.  I stick by my assessment-for large .wav file transfers, a faster card is less prone to problems. And i will repeat my prior posts-there are still many counterfeit SD cards and thumb drives on the market-which will not only be labeled with fake transfer rates and capacities-are so poorly made that these can corrupt your operating system or anything you plug it into. I learned this from experience, and alot of comparison tests with all kinds of software designed to read the firmware on the chip . Counterfeit cards and drives are using chips that were rejected for sale-due to errors in manufacture or production. counterfeit sellers disguise these chips so it looks like everything is correct-but after losing many files and having problems with my computers and music equipment and after much research, discovered this to be unfortunately true.