Video Files on Forum ×

WK 7500 stuck in transposed setting -- Help?!

Hello, We have a WK 7500 about 4-5 years old that my daughter plays in a dance band and which travels to monthly gigs. She is about to graduate from high school and is training her 12-year-old replacement, who is now playing the WK 7500 monthly and helps with set-up and tear-down at the end of the dances. After the last dance, once the WK 7500 was set up back home, we noticed that, upon powering up, the entire keyboard was two half steps sharp -- ie. you hit and A and get a B -- as if someone had transposed it. But no one had. It seems to be the new default. So in order to play in tune, you have to transpose down 2 half steps immediately after powering up. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any suggestions? 

Further info: We are pretty sure the 12-year-old did not mess with any settings, and, in any case, I am pretty sure the whole thing is supposed to reset to the default settings when shut down. Also, we can't just leave it as is and transpose 2 half steps down each time we turn it on, because she frequently needs to transpose down a whole octave mid-gig, and to do that with the keyboard as it is now she would need to be able to go down 14 half steps, and the WK 7500 only lets you transpose 12 half steps in either direction. So she loses her whole bottom end. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We live, literally, a ten-hour drive from any authorized Casio service providers, so we'd love to be able to solve this at home.

Many thanks.

The WK-7500 CAN save various items as custom power-on defaults, and Transpose IS one of those items.  I suspect that at some time a "-Default- Save" was done on your WK-7500, either purposefully or by accident.  See the section titled "Default (Default Settings)" in the left hand column on Page E-134 of the WK-7500 Owners Manual and perform a Clear operation.  Then, if you like, set up the keyboard the way you would like it to power up, and perform a Save operation per those same instructions.  Items that can be saved as power-up defaults are shown in Column 3 of the Parameter List on Page E-163.  Any item with a circle in Column 3 can be saved as a power up Default.

As an alternative to the above, you could power the keyboard on, set Transpose to zero, then just Save the rest of the current defaults as the "new" power up defaults per Page E-134, but since you seem to be unaware of any other unwanted defaults that might be "hiding" in the setup, I recommend the complete CLEAR as I describe above.

If the above does not resolve your problem, then back up any User Data on the keyboard to an SD Card or computer, and perform an Initialize ALL as described on Page E-135.  If you do need to perform an Initialize ALL, and need assistance with User data back up, please reply below.

If you no longer have a printed copy of the manual, you can download a copy from here:

http://support.casio.com/manualfile.php?rgn=1&cid=008011141

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted