Johanan9

The Auto Accompaniment on my new PX-560 is having problems following my chord changes and often stays on the old chord past the bar being played. In a recording, or performance setting, this causes serious problems to say the least. Is this a defect in my new board or is this a general problem for the PX-560. Since none of the You Tube demos or the Mike Martin webinars show any of this going on, and the board is presented as a "professional" instrument, this chord recognition problem needs to be solved.

Also, I am finding that the sound starts to diminish as you play, on its own, as though you had turned the volume down; then comes back up. Is anyone else having these problems with the new PX-560, or did I get a lemon?

joahanan9

It could be that your Casio is set to a "chord-fingering" mode that doesn't match your personal chord playing style.  Hope that's it, and if so, it can be easily setup by experimenting with the various fingering styles until one is found that works for you.  :)

EDIT> I'm not sure about the volume fluctuation levels you are reporting.  I'm not having any issues with my 560.  

Thank you, Trent, for your comments. I am using the "Full Range" chord fingering mode and using at least 3 or more notes per chord, so the Accomp should be able to follow, according to the manual. Also, I am not playing very fast either, so I suspect that something is wrong with my board.

Johanan9, did you take care of the split point you have set?

Even if keyboard split is not activated, the split point is valid for the chord detection. Chords will only be detected in Zone 1 (below the split point). 

Maybe that's the reason why some chords are not correctly detected (because some notes of the chord are below, the rest above the split point)...!?

Best regards,

Carsten

• Like 1

Adding to what Carsten said; 

You can change the size of the chord keyboard by using the split feature to move the split point (page EN-16). The keyboard keys to the left of the split point make up the chord keyboard.   Chords will not track if played to the right of the chord keyboard. 

That's probably not the issue, but worth a check. 

• 4 weeks later...