Video Files on Forum ×

A little yellow wire... into the XW-G1

Musella

Hello, 

I've received last week my XW-G1 ! 
I live in a little french tropical Island near Mauritius Island named La Réunion, so, the XW-G1 arrived by postal. 

When I received it, some keys were blocking a little so I decided to open the XW-G1 to see what's the problem. the white grease was absent in some places. 

I've seen that a little yellow wire was not welded, near the battery compartment. 

If someone could tell me why this yellow wire is not welded... 

Otherwise, the XW-G1 works perfectly ! 

It's a very powerful machine. I love it ! 

Sorry to reply with a 'non' answer, but in all that I have read regarding the XW's over several months I do not recall mention of a service manual (I would have downloaded it if I had), and the only internals I have seen is a post showing the the circuit boards of the P1.  You may well find what you are looking for, but it may not be an easy or quick task.

I think your best bet is to keep on at Casio.

On 2/23/2016 at 5:45 AM, Musella said:

I've seen that a little yellow wire was not welded, near the battery compartment. 

If someone could tell me why this yellow wire is not welded... 

You say everything is working properly right? So my GUESS... The XW's share a chasis with other models with built-in speakers, so maybe there are some other shared parts as well. Perhaps the yellow wire is connected to a speaker in another model and it's not needed in the XW so it's not connected. Just a shot in the dark. 

The most logical question is whether or not you have tried running the G1 on batteries or not?

Since you saw it was unsoldered near the battery compartment it seems likely it is a battery connector wire.

If the unit doesn't run on batteries without the adapter then Bob's yer uncle and you've solved the mystery.

Gary ;)

\

• Like 1

Happyrat1, you're right. I thought about this option but I not wanted to buy batteries because, here, in Reunion Island, batteries are very expensive... but I think it's a good solution.I'm going to buy batteries.
Scott Hamlin, I think you're also right because the yellow wire has never been welded because it's very clean on its denuded part.

I'm going to take a photo this afternoon and post it ! 

19 hours ago, Musella said:

I'm going to take a photo this afternoon and post it ! 

I feel like I am being "Mr Negative" here... but is this really going to help. It doesn't strike me as though any of the above contributors have implied that they may 'recognise' any internals.

Hmm. I shall try to be more positive and say, I guess it isn't going make anything worse is it.