Video Files on Forum ×

CGP 700 Styles

Phestus

Good Morning Everyone,

Can someone tell me if it is possible to load additional styles to the CGP 700? Or, is it possible to use them if they are loaded on a USB Thumb Drive? I am considering upgrading to the 700. Right now I am using a Yamaha DGX 230. This will be a major upgrade for me and I want to get it right. Or, is there another keyboard I should consider, in the same price range? Any help and suggestions I get will be greatly appreciated. I am a total newbie. Many Thanks....

Phestus

Hello Brad,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am not locked in to an 88 key keyboard. I could live with a 76 key. However, not a 61.  Sorry to hear the 700 does not have those capabilities with styles. It looks like it could be a great keyboard. No Casio dealers in town so I can try one. What did you have in mind with your 88 key hammer action keyboard question? I am certainly open to suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Phestus

The 88 key options from Casio that can load user rhythms are the PX-350 and newer PX-360.  The new PX-560 as well but the price goes beyond your budget.  None of these models have a pattern sequencer however. They have a pattern editor where pre-recorded parts can be swapped around and mixer settings edited.  The WK-7600 is a 76 key semi weighted model with a pattern sequencer.  You can create your own rhythms from scratch with that model.  It all depends on what you need and are willing to spend.  

More good info Brad. I will definitely take a look at the others you mentioned. I like to have many styles available since there are so many that are not to my liking. I am 78 years old and can't keep up with that fast stuff. I am in no big rush but would like to get something new and more advanced  soon. Still looking! Thanks again for your reply.

Phestus

• Like 1