Casio HT700

Jokeyman123

Holy Batcave. Batman!  I'd heard these were "seminal" synths but check this out. There are 2 on eBay right now. I am seriously tempted. I can see seeds of the XW-P1 in this one. Sounds like Joe Zawinul with Weather Report-on a Casio! and some guy modified his with more knobs to control other synth parameters in realtime-similar to what the XW-P1 can do. and this has midi din in and out, not many older "consumer" keyboards had that. Hmmmmm, boy am I going to be in the doghouse with one more keyboard! I better like dog food. Maybe I sell my XW-P1 and get this to replace it....no...no...no!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I had one, but gave it away. The one I'd love to get is the HZ-600 'SD' one, sounds like a Roland Alpha-Juno 1.

Casio synths were stunningly good and really easy to use. So is a DX7, all that nonsense spouted about 'needing programming skills' etc. Most of the time you only alter a few parameters. CZ-1 is a beautiful synth to use.

David.

I know-why I've been re-sold on all the newer ones I have now. I started with the CZ-101 (after several older analogs including one of the original Pro-one Sequentials I should have never sold but was an awful lot of trouble. Then I purchased a CZ-2000 and several EZ-CZ cartridges, then the CZ-1. I went crazy prgramming these with 100s of sounds, great fun but  I went a little too OCD! Unfortunately for my OCD Casio created the XW-P1, and it even has many (but not all!) the sounds from the olde CZs-AKA the "Cosmo" synths. I wonder if that's where Cosmo Kramer got his name, I had to say it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2016 at 0:52 PM, ta152c said:

I had one, but gave it away. The one I'd love to get is the HZ-600 'SD' one, sounds like a Roland Alpha-Juno 1.

David.

David, the HZ600 is nothing more than an HT3000 minus the speakers and drums/ rhythm section - the sound engine is otherwise identical. The HT700 is the same as the HT3000, except with mini keys and minus the modulation wheel. They all use a form of synthesis that Casio called "Spectrum Dynamics".

The only HT synth that was radically different was the HT6000. This had 4 x "oscillators" compared with the rest of the HT range that only had one. It also has a velocity sensitive keyboard, ring modulation, more memory and more onboard patterns.

Saying that, all HT's can sound sweet if you program them well :2thu: