Auto-accompaniment sensitivity?

musikrx

Hello All!

I seem to be having a problem when striking certain bass notes (especially C or F) to play a chord using auto-accompaniment.  4 out of 5 times, the keyboard is not recognizing that I just changed the chord which is kind of embarrassing!  Is there a way to change the sensitivity of the keys in regards to the auto-accomp?  I did see the section on velocity but I'm not sure that applies in this case.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Hi musikrx !

I am glad to see that that WK-7600 hasn't gotten the best of you yet !

I am afraid that you are correct.  Velocity Sensitivity, the setting that controls the amount of note volume produced by a given downward force (speed/velocity) with which a key is struck, is not applied to the Auto-accompaniment section.  The Auto-accompaniment sensitivity is fixed, and the volume is controlled by the AccompVol setting.  Yes !  There are arrangers that apply Velocity Sensitivity to the Auto-accompaniment section as a performance option.  I have two of them, but the CTK/WK's are not them.

From your previous posts on other topics, I think we can safely assume, at this point, that there is nothing wrong with your WK-7600, but I am unable to produce the effect you describe on any of my CTK/WK's, unless I get really laid back in my playing style to the point that I begin to skip notes, particularly the ring and little fingers of my left hand (the bass notes) , and am wondering if you might occasionally not be pressing the keys down far enough to make contact.  I say this in all due candor, knowing your past experience with other keyboards, but there is one thing I can think of that is different from what you may have experienced in the past.  All arranger keyboards tend to get a bit critical of playing style when in FullRange fingering mode for the Auto-accompaniment.  That is because the keyboard has so much more to monitor and respond to than in the other fingering modes.  So, if you are using "FullRange" fingering mode, go back to "Fingered1" and see if that resolves your problem.  If it does, go back to "FullRange" and play the passages where you have noticed the problem, and make every effort to press every left hand note fully to the bottom of its travel.  I wish I had something more definite for you to go on, but this is the best I have for now.  At least it is a place for you to start.

Best of luck !

Regards,

Ted