Forum improvement suggestions.

Mike Martin

You can. There are plenty of video tutorials here already, mostly XW-P1 embedded in people's topic comments but also in other topics. I know, I've been studying quite a few. To post a video, I think all you do is drag and drop one into your comment post. I've posted .png and .jpg still shots, but no videos. I imagine it can't be too difficult. If I had one to post, I'd show you right here. Just click on "choose files" below and open it. I think a video will work the same way.   Here's a still shot of me after updating the firmware in my XW-P1 a few years ago.

.5ad729fc90321_Bill1.jpg.43761ce50a889a157a96a6401bb14ade.jpg

Here is an example of a huge bunch of video tutorials here in this forum, for the MZX-500. but just as an example. These are fairly lengthy videos, but shorter ones are as easily posted I'm sure.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/13514-where-are-all-the-casio-mz-x-tutorials/&tab=comments#comment-42657

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 10:42 AM, m10538 said:

I'd like to reiterate my support for this forum. I tried a different music forum recently that appeared at first to be fun and mature. Turns out it's a den of drug addicts and other unsavory types. Watch out online you young people out there! The administrators here have been helpful and have a sense of humor. Keep running a tight ship!

There are only music addicts here. And I presume most of us are savory in the morally-wholesome-or-acceptable sense rather than the belonging-to-the-category-that-is-salty-or-spicy-rather-than-sweet sense. (Although there's no reason someone couldn't be both. :D) 

21 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Is it ok Joe, to take a video file I have created for example in .mp4 format or something similar (compressed) and use this to embed in a post? I have not attempted as I have no such videos, but I am guessing this would work?

I'm guessing here, but any video has to be hosted somewhere. Whether this forum software will allow one to host a file like that here, I don't know. I'd have to have one of those files around myself to test, and I don't.