Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Driver not showing up in device manager

"Q"

I'm using a WK3300 as a MIDI trigger for my DAW. The driver package that I've used for months up until the malfunction was CASIOUSBx64INST. I then downloaded from Casio a compatible driver...CASIO_XW-DJ1_Driver_2_26. Neither of these are showing up in my device manager or device window, yet they are indicated in my installed programs window. I'm using Windows 8.1. All of my other MIDI devices on the USB hub work perfectly. I've done extensive troubleshooting from cables and devices to isolate the problem. I've even reverted to Windows 8.1 from 10. Still no joy. When I turn on the keyboard there is no audible nor visual representation that the device is recognized. I'm at my wits end. Please help. Thank you in advance.

"Q"

You mentioned that the CCUSBX64 driver worked fine with the WK-3300 until "the malfunction".  Did this "malfunction" seem to coincide with some other activity, such as the installation of some other new driver or piece of software ?  Your original post seems to indicate that the installation of the XW-DJ1 driver was attempted as a "fix" for the CCUSBX64 failure, and not that it was the "cause" of the CCUSBX64 failure. I suspect that the WK-3300 is not compatible with the XW-DJ1 driver, but both of those devices should work simultaneously, each with its own driver.  On my Win7-64 systems, my CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX units connect via the "Class Compliant" driver simultaneously with my WK-3800, which connects via the CCUSBX64 driver.  You may be able to get the XW-DJ1 driver to install by disconnecting the WK-3300 while it is installing, then try to reinstall the CCUSBX64 driver.  I suspect that you may have a problem with the CCUSBX64 driver, which may or may not be related to the XW-DJ1 driver, and may need to be addressed separately from the XW-DJ1 and its driver.  If those two drivers are not compatible with each other, then we need to let Casio engineering know  that, so that they can address the issue. 

Regards,

Ted

• Like 1

No, tnicoson. The malfunction was isolated. I was using the x64 driver and then got the malfunction. I called casio and they referred me to the XW. What are the chances that you can email a copy of the driver that you have.  I'll give it a shot. Perhaps the driver is corrupted. 

OK !

Here you go.  This is right off my hard drive, and is the one I have been using for several years.

Good luck !

CCUSBX64_INST.zip

If you can find your existing driver before you install the new one, rename it to something else to force the new driver to a new location on your hard drive, in case you have a bad sector.  Otherwise, the new driver will just overwrite the old in exactly the same location on your hard drive.

You may have lost the USB port on the WK-3300, but let's not buy any unwanted trouble yet.  Start by trying a different USB cable on the WK-3300, if you have not already done so.  If that does not help, back up any User data you may have on the WK-3300 to an SD Card (1 Gb or less.  Cards larger than 1 Gb are not supported/recognized.) and do a system reset.  At this point, you obviously can not do a back up to the computer.

WK-3300 System Reset:

Power the keyboard on and press the TRANSPOSE/FUNCTION button at the upper left corner of the display screen.

The display will show 00 Trans.

Press the DOWN CURSOR button THREE times.

The display will show InitMix?

Press the press the RIGHT CURSOR button TWO times.

The display will show InitSys?

Press the YES/+  ONCE.

The display will show Sure?  [ At any point, if you change your mind, press the EXIT button to abort the process. ]

Press the YES/+  button again to initiate the reset.

After the reset is complete, power the keyboard off and back on and retry your computer connection.

Restore any backed up User data to the keyboard.

Good luck !