Video Files on Forum ×

XW-P1 repair parts

myzee

Hey everyone. My first post here so thanks for letting me join. :)

I have a question about parts. I bought this synth for my daughter a few years ago Christmas, she played it a couple weeks then her IDIOT boyfriend threw an ashtray and broke a part of the face and case. Yeah...I'm still %$@#! about it grrrrrr!!

Its been sitting in this shape since then and it breaks my heart because it's a cool machine! 

So my question is this. If I remove the case, is it possible to swap out just the underlying board that's busted (I'm totally assuming here!) The case I could live with being broken but the buttons definitely need replacing. The part that got smashed in is the Step Seq buttons.
Ive attached a pic.
I have no problems opening the case and doing electronic repairs that are needed, I just need to know if it's possible to buy parts so I can. I can take the machine to repair center in Toronto but thats a couple hour drive for me to drop it off.

But thanks for any help everyone.

cassss.jpg

Hey thanks! Without opening up the machine, would you know what I am in for underneath the cover in this area? Just because I dont have it with me at the moment. i'll be picking up up in a couple days.