Video Files on Forum ×

Creating arpeggiated patterns

Hell all!  Yes - I am having lots of fun w/my 7600.  Actually looking forward to checking out the new model although its not a 76.  I'm hoping that next year's NAMM brings a 76 also with a beefier casing.  I keep feeling like the plastic is going to crack everytime I move it!!!

Anyway - here's my latest quandary:

I'm trying to duplicate a kind of loop or repeating pattern as found in Hella Good.  I can't find an arpeggiated pattern that works.  Can I create one by editing an existing rhythm or do I record a sequence.  I have a looper and I'm thinking of just putting it on that but the keyboard would be easier access.  I'm not familiar w/sequencing and have spent hours learning this keyboard so I'm hoping for an easy fix.  I was able to create a user dsp, user rhythm, split, and registration all of which were utilized in Blondie's "Heart of Glass".  I am really proud of that only having the keyboard for about 2 months.  Anyway - enough patting myself on the back!  Basically, I would like to hold down one note and have it play a repeated rhythm that is note note down, note note down, over and over.  Thank you!

hella pic.jpg