Video Files on Forum ×

Acoustic simulator settings and registrations

Mugtwaine

Acoustic simulator settings don't seem to be saved along with registrations. Is this the intended behavior?

Saving them with either the registration or as part of piano tones themselves would be great. Sometimes I want hammer response cranked up, or to make the piano more or less resonant, and it would be great not to have to do it by hand every time. 

Minor nitpick. It's just a little surprising. 

It is supposed to be like this. Somewhere at the end of the manual or its Appendix there's a table which precisely specifies which settings are saved and recalled in different circumstances. The acoustic simulator settings aren't tied to a registration. I can look it up if you can't find it.

However, I tend to agree with you. The piano effects generated by the acoustic simulator appear to be kind of independent of the tone itself. You can make a little experiment.

Set the GrandPianoConcert tone, go to Edit->Amp and lower the tone's volume to zero. Now press the sustain pedal and play some notes. It turns out that you will hardly hear the notes that you're playing, but you will hear the resonances. That's simply an exaggerated volume imbalance between the piano tone and simulated resonances. Therefore, editing a piano tone might require editing the acoustic simulator settings, but they aren't saved in the tone or even a registration. It might also be an issue when sharing custom tones over this forums. The tones will sound slightly different if the author and the user have different resonance settings.