Video Files on Forum ×

A new member of this forum

jacky89

Hi. Everybody,

I am a new member in this forum, I hope i will learn from all members in this forum.

I am very like to play organ, I was able to buy the old CTK 800 2 days ago, I tried to study on internet, I was able play midi file on PC through my keyboard by SMF converter.

Please help to guide me how to import and replace rhythm and tone on my CTK 800.

A nice day all members.

Hi Jacky !

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Casio.  I am sure you are going to enjoy the CTK-800.  Congratulations on getting the software drivers and SMF Converter installed on your computer and for getting the CTK-800 connected to it.  That will allow you to play Standard MIDI Files directly from your computer to the CTK-800 using MIDI file player or sequencer software programs, or as you have already discovered, to convert and load Standard MIDI Files to Casio format and load up to 5 of them into the CTK-800's internal song memory.  Sadly, the CTK-800 only has internal memory for loading, storing, and playing songs.  It is not equipped with "user" memory for loading, storing, or playing additional tones or rhythms, but it does have 500 tones and 120 rhythms permanently onboard.

If you need software for playing MIDI files directly from the computer to the CTK-800 you can obtain a free copy of the Vanbasco MIDI File Player from here:

http://www.vanbasco.com/

or if you would prefer sequencer software that would allow you to edit MIDI files, here is a list of the free downloads that are available:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/freeware/MIDI_SEQUENCERS/

The above software allows you to play MIDI files directly from your computer to the CTK-800 (using the CTK-800 as a "sound module"), rather than having to first convert and load them into the CTK-800's internal memory.  It will also allow you to turn off the "lead" tracks in MIDI files and leave the others as "backing" tracks for you to play along with.  This will, to some extent, offset the CTK-800's inability to load additional rhythms.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Dear Ted,

Thank for your comment and your helping.It is sadly for not be able to import or adjust tone and rhythm

Because some sound of tone and rhythm are not good I would like to adjust it.

A nice day to you and your family.

With best regards,

Jacky.

• 3 weeks later...