PX-5S Audio Clips

Mike Martin

Wow! That is awesome. I do hope that Casio's factories are ramping up for sizeable production of these keyboards because I think they are going to fly off the shelves. One of 'em will be flying my way, for certain. Can't wait to take a peek at the Owner's Manual! :-) Thanks much for your updates, Mike.

There will be two owners manuals. The one that is included in the box is a very simple overview book. It explains the different modes of operation, connections and other navigational issues. There will be a second manual which will be download only. This one will go into more depth on the editing features, phrase sequencer and such. They've made some very positive software changes in the last couple weeks some of which required changes in the manual. I'll see if I can find out any more details on the release dates for online.

Guest Tobiwan

Mike - some really cool stuff with the PX5s. Hey - with Casio stepping up the game the last few years - anything new coming in the land of "keytar" like the old AZ-1...? Would be cool - those are coming back ya know ..

Mike,

is there any chance of producing some audio clips of the more 'orchestral' sounds, such as strings, brass and woodwind. I would be very interested to hear how they compare with the PX-3. (I do realise that they can be layered using the hex layer capability).

On the subject of layering: will Casio be releasing any information with regard to sounds that reference the same samples? This would save time when producing layers as you would/should be able to avoid phase interference.

@ Mike... On my PX-3, I use the following organ sounds (in some cases, layered & 1 octave apart):

JAZZ ORGAN 1

ROCK ORGAN 2

DRAWBAR ORGAN 1-3

ELEC. ORGAN 1

Is there a chance that we might get to hear any of the above sounds in the PX-5S and, if so, could we hear it through that Double Rotary Effect (fast & slow speeds)?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fantastic work Mike !! I haven't got to see or play it yet - BUT I WANT ONE already!!! I am in North Wales, UK so relaly would appreciate you or morelikely your Sales guys to contact me if possible to see about where in the North WEst of England (Near Chester or LIverpool or Manchester) I can get to play the new Previa PX-5S keyboard and speak with the dealers etc. soonest. Keep up the good work so when you are able to get some into the UK NorthWest, I will be waiting !! Thanks WelshKeys57

Mike - Nice job on the latest PX-5S SoundCloud demos:

PX-5S Reverbed Piano

PX-5S Pad and Arpeggios

They're clean, clear 'n' crisp - just the right amount of DSP efx overall!

The playing is smart - subtle to display the 5S's sensitive responsiveness, yet, also expressive to demonstrate its brilliant dynamics.

Great job Mike. You've been listening to the forums and integrating the feedback into new demos! Keep up the excellent work ol' bean! And continued kudos to Casio EMI engineers too, who've been very busy of late!

d

• 2 weeks later...