Major Bug PX-360. Playing rhythm with accomp ON makes stops upon pressing the fill-in button.

sslyutov

I insist that it is a bug. Very major one.

Try the following:
1) Turn on PX 360.
2) Go to Rhythm menu.
3) Select "PIANO BALLAD 1" (It is within Piano Rhythms)
4) Turn "One Touch".
5) Turn "Accomp" On.
6) Play any chord (lower part of keyboard).
7) Press Normal/Fill-in.
Result: The sound stops and then resumes within a second or so.
The Beat counter is also stops and then speeds up to catch up with the correct value.
The Beat counter clearly indicates the malfunction.

Fill-in in some other rhythm styles works better when sustain or sostenuto pedal is pressed down and hold (which is not suppose to be a part of equation).

I am not trying to bring PX-360 down, I would happy to accept your explanation(2tnicoson) but it simply a weak implementation of the fill-in functionality.

Does anybody can reproduce the issue as it described above?

sslyutov

Sorry for taking an over-simplified view of your original problem description.

If this is a design bug that affects the entire model line, I think we would have seen other reports by this time.  You may have a fault or defect with your particular unit.  While you are waiting for a response here, you may want to try a factory reset per the section in the manual titled Returning the Digital Piano to Its Factory Default Settings.  In the English manual, that is on Page EN-6.

If a factory reset does not correct your problem, and you do not receive any confirming responses here, you should contact Casio Support for further advice/instruction.  If your unit is still under some type of return policy, you don't want to lose too much time deciding on an action to take.

Good luck on getting this resolved soon !

Regards,

Ted

I will try (2Joe Muscara).
But it does not make any difference since it is clearly a malfunction.
(I tried to adjust system settings to see whether it may help to improve the performance of the device. So far no lick).

Do you have PX-360? Can you try to follow the steps and let know whether you get the same results.

So far it looks like nobody(on this forum) has PX-360 in possession, since nobody has confirmed nor disproved the problem.

Please reply whether you experience the same problem. I want to understand how common this issue is.

I know a workaround now for the issue.

I have submitted the service request to Casio customer support.

Want to get their reply first, prior to updating the status on this thread.

From my previous experience of communication with Casio customer support the best they could do is to provide me a reference to my own comments from this web-site;).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Casio customer support - could not reproduce the problem (as expected).

Workaround - reset to factory settings.(note: reset does not touch personal data, which is good)

I suspect the problem appeared after manipulating with settings from DAW. The default control panel (in DAW) provides access to much wider list of parameters than PX 360 provide through its own UI.

1 hour ago, BradMZ said:

This little detail is something that should not have been omitted in the original post.  

2BradMZ

There is no confidence in my assumption.
I just gave a chance for an excuse to Casio, which actually maybe not the case at all.
Casio is not aware of the problem which does  take a place in the reality.

• 5 months later...

A "major bug" with such a simple, common procedure would have an enormously obvious affect on every PX-360 deployed, to date, and should have, by now, generated numerous responses from other concerned or disappointed or frustrated or furious PX-360 owners, but so far, we have not had one single "Me too !" reply to this thread in over 6 months.  That, plus the fact that Casio Support was unable to replicate the problem, should indicate that there is a problem with your particular unit that needs technical attention, and that the current situation is not going to change until that is done.  If by insisting that the problem is a "bug", you are holding out for a firmware update that you can download, that will never happen.  The PX-360 is not equipped with user updateable firmware, so whether the problem is a "bug" or a defect with your particualr unit, it is still going to take a physical shipment to a service center.  The up side to this is that it pretty much eliminates the chance that you could have caused this by codes sent from a DAW, as the DAW would not have access to the firmware.  Anything you might do with a DAW would be erased by a factory reset.

The Rhythm (Auto-accompaniment) engines on your PX-360 and my CTK-7000/WK-7500 are pretty much the same, so I tried the PianoBallad1 Rhythm, that you described, at various tempos.  When I press the NORMAL/FILL-IN button, there is a one beat break (pause) in the lead piano arpeggio tone and the drums, but the strings, and whatever I am playing on the keyboard, continue unabated, and the beat indicator keeps perfect time across the "break".  This is not a "bug", but just a manifestation of what I originally described.  If your PX-360 is "loosing time" or "loosing the beat" during this, then there is definitely a defect with your unit.

Several of us have suggested that you go to a local music dealer and try one of their PX-360 units, if for no other reason but to prove this thing to yourself - one way or the other, but so far, you have not commented on that, so I assume you have decided not to do so, but you have not commented on that either (no local dealer, too far to nearest dealer, local dealers do not stock PX-360, etc).  Consequently, I sense that, for some reason, you are "playing it close to the vest" on that suggestion, but as long as you do that, it limits our ability to help you.

• Like 1

It looks like you take it too personal that somebody does not call Casio perfect .;)

This issue re-appears. Factory reset is not a solution it is a workaround (temporary).

I am not going to spend time for testing this issue over and over. Casio has some QA department it is their job. 

There is a report of the issue. Casio may ignore it or evaluate it. That's it .

I make my choice based on my experience.

There is an another nice test case if you like:

Use MIDI recorder

Try to record (a few times) something using standard set of Drums.

Let me know how it goes.

P.S. if you do not have PX-360 please ignore my reply.

regards,

Remember sslyutov, none of us work for Casio and we all do our best to help. I am one of us. Meaning members of this forum who volunteer their time, attention and as much of our knowledge as possible to help people like yourself who may be experiencing difficulties with their equipment or understanding of it. No need to attack others here.

Ever hear of the wind and the sun story? How easy it was for the sun to get the man to take off his coat. The wind could get nowhere no matter how hard he tried to blow it off. a little childhood tale that's helped me in many situations. and if tech support is not very good, that's because they might not be able to compete with several of us here, who have many years of struggling through these technical problems from many manufacturers who did not or could not fix problems we had to fix with our own equipment. I have Ensoniq and Generalmusic keyboards-yeah I'm on my own, There is only one tech in the entire US who knows how to actually fix the Ensoniqs!

Some of us here in this forum may actually be more knowledgable than say a new staff of Casio tech people who may not have much experience (shouldn't be but that may be the reality as is so much in the marketplace-ever try to get knowledgable help in Home Depot or other "big box" stores so common in the US and elsewhere?) :banghead:

I have training/schooling as a music/keyboard/electronic tech but decided against that as a career, I prefer performing than travelling, Many techs have to follow shows all over the country or the world wherever they can get the steady work and so might not choose to be a bench tech for a company-a travelling tech can make alot more money for one! Plus free shows! Back when, I couldn't even find a music tech company that was hiring anybody, Maybe that's why there has never been much tech support by anybody. i recently tried to get Yamaha to repair some of my pretty expensive drum and QY modules and they said sorry, just buy new ones. aAnd i can troubleshoot at the component level, they didn't even want to bother trying to diagnose my equipment.

It can be frustrating, but that's why many of us are here posting and trying to help, because we know much about lack of tech support. if Casio support is lacking, better to have that problem out here where it might do some good, than to blame us in the forum who actually are trying to overcome whtever deficiency exists. maybe Casio will read these and decide they need to bump up that part of their business. There certainly are (I'm guessing now) many brand new Casio musicians now in addition to the old ones like me) that might justify Casio re-examining that possibility. So i hear you. But I don't work for Casio. but like Ted and others, I work hard here. Read all my posts if you have a few weeks! :2thu:

2Jokeyman123

Thanks for your support.

It never was my goal to test skills of people on this forum.

I have a strong feeling that PX is full of issues which require improvements.

(However I enjoy using Privia, just want to go a little bit beyond of a basic functionality)

What Casio keyboard do you use?

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/9/2016 at 5:30 PM, sslyutov said:

I have a strong feeling that PX is full of issues which require improvements.

(However I enjoy using Privia, just want to go a little bit beyond of a basic functionality)

Same feeling here, nonetheless I do love my px-360 and loved my px5-s pro.

Coming to your issue: can't reproduce that on my px-360.