Video Files on Forum ×

WK 7600 Glissando ????

Hello ! I have a Casio WK -7600 and would like to ask the experts of this forum more if they found some tone that contains the " Glissando " effect. I am creating a rhythm pattern and need to include an instrument to this effect.

I also could set the DSP to reach something similar. Anyone know of this?

Greetings from Chile.

Machax

Are you talking about a glissando effect for the right hand melody part or as part of a left hand auto-accompaniment rhythm ?  I can't think of anything like that for either at the moment, but if you can answer this question, it will give us more to go on for possibly coming up with something for you.

DSP effects are wave shaping parameters that are applied to sounds to alter their tonal quality (timbre).  Effects do not "play" notes.  That is the function of either an arpeggiator or an auto-accompaniment rhythm engine.  The WK-7600's library of arpeggios does not include a gliss, but Preset Rhythm E-30 in the Piano Rhythms sub-section includes a subdued gliss in the Intro and a very pronounced gliss near the end of the Outro.  You might be able to isolate these with the WK-7600's Rhythm Editor and incorporate them into a User Rhythm.  An alternative would be to play the gliss yourself and record it with the Pattern Sequencer and save it as a User Rhythm.

My apologies sir. What I need is another thing. I expressed wrong. I need a similar effect to " trumpet Falls" with the tone falling or rising. Something like an automatic pitchbend . I saw that sound on the Roland D -50 and is called "Brass Fall" . I want to try the same thing with the "finger Bass" . That is to create the tone and then add in a FILLIN my rhythm pattern .
I hope you understand. Thanks for your attention.
Greetings.

Machax

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  Now I know exactly what you are talking about.  "Brass Fall" was not on only the D-50.  I have had several Roland keyboards through the years that also had that sound.  I think it is one of Roland's "standard" sounds, but the "fall" was not an effect.  It was recorded right into the wave sample itself.  You could not alter the rate or the depth of the fall.  You just selected it as a tone, and what you got was all you got.  The WK-7600 does not have an effect that allows you to control a tone's pitch in that manner.  There are effects that vary the pitch in accordance with an LFO, but those are cyclical.  That is, they produce a repeating wah wah wah wah sound rather than just a one way "fall".  Like I had suggested for a piano "gliss", you could perform a manual "fall" on one of the Finger Bass tones with the Pitch Bend wheel and record it with the Pattern Sequencer and save it as a User Rhythm.  You would need to be sure to release the key before you let the Pitch Bend wheel start returning to its normal position.  The problem would be with how to trigger it to occur at exactly the moment you need it.  My Roland XP-80 has a Real Time Phrase Sequencer that allows you to record a MIDI phrase, assign it to a particular key, and when you press that key, the phrase begins playing immediately, like it was just another tone, but the CTK/WK Pattern Sequencers are not that sophisticated, but then there is quite difference in the original sales price between these keyboards.  One possibility would be to record the "fall" using the pitch bend wheel and record it into the Pattern Sequencer's Drum part.  That way, every time you hit the START/STOP button, the "fall" would play, just like the drums normally do.  The problem with this would be that you could not be using another rhythm for Auto-accompaniment at the same time.  That is, your "fall" sequence would monopolize the entire rhythm generator.  One way around this would be to sacrifice one or both "FILLS" in an existing rhythm and put the "fall" sequence in it's/their place in the regular bass track.  Then when you hit the correct "FILL" button, you get your "fall" right along with the rest of your rhythm.  The problem here is that you need to use an entire bar to keep the rhythm straight, and it is unlikely that your "fall" would take an entire bar, so you would have two or three beats of "glitchy" silence.  You could get around this by combining your "fall" with a drum fill - one beat of "fall" with three beats of drum fills - toms or whatever - or make a bit of a "pop" genre out of it and have one beat of "fall" with one beat of silence and two beats of toms, etc.  Of course, you could always just let it go back to the regular bass beat, but I think combining it with a drum fill would emphasize it a bit. The reason I say to use the "FILL" sections is because after your one bar "fall/fill", play goes back to the regular rhythm pattern automatically.  It won't repeat over and over until you shut it off manually, and by using one or both FILL sections, you don't have to sacrifice your Intro section, which would also be self terminating into a regular rhythm pattern.  The Ending section is no good, because it terminates the entire rhythm.

Good luck with this . . . . and have fun with it !  I would try this myself, but I already have several other things going for the next couple of weeks.

Regards,

Ted