Video Files on Forum ×

PX 5S or PX 560

:huh:  I presently own a PX 330 keyboard and have been using it for a couple of years.  I love it, but am interested it upgrading to a more sophisticated board which offers more flexibility and sounds.  Although my PX 330 has speakers I also have a pair of amplified KRK Rokit 6 monitors that I use about 75% of the time.  I don't plan to do any gigging, but am interested in working on my own compositions adding creative sounds that these two keyboards offer that my PX 330 doesn't. I'm a New Age fan.  I was about to order the PX 5S when Casio came out with the PX 560 and thru a monkey wrench in my plans.  Any advice I can pick up from forum members would be greatly appreciated.  Best to all.  Jiminyclickit. 

5 hours ago, JiminyClickit said:

when Casio came out with the PX 560 and thru a monkey wrench in my plans. 

:D 

Aaah that monkey did just that. You're in luck being a new age fan the hexlayers in the PX560 does just that also,

Synthesis and using the keyboard as an controller  probably not what you're after although synthesis is 

part of the hexlayers  but not so deep as in the PX5S still impressive though and for the new age sound design you'll

get 650 tones plus a multi-track recorder from the PX560. 

Hi,

If it was me, I'd keep with the PX330 and hang on until the replacement for the PX5-S is launched. You may have to wait up to a year, but I reckon it will be worth it.

If you do go for a PX5-S you should get a great deal on one as this model has been around for three years.

Chris