Video Files on Forum ×

howto MIDI Setup

Maurix

:banghead:i  I really need some help ...i cant figure out how to setup my MIDI the best way.........i have ....

1.  PX5S as my master fpr Piano and all sound with hammered feeling.----

2. Roland RS70 for Arpeggios and Drumpattern 

3. Proteus 2000 for all other Synthstuff and EMU like Sounds...

4. Macbook with M-Track for Softsynths

5. Midisport  2x2

i would like to play the Proteus from both Synths.....having the setup to be ready working in Cubase and Sequenzing---

actually my PX5 goes to MidiSport IN (A) and MidiSport our ( A) goes tio the A input of the Proteus , RS70 out to MidiSport in ( B) and MIdisport out (B) to  Proteus input Port B  midi out Proteus goes to my M Track to record RIFFS ... of course i can use both  USB port  from the PX5S and the RS70 but i have noises...anyway...... i think some is wrong and my setup is not oklike this---

for now i did not use any midi true on the PX5S and the RS70 ....

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ? CANI MAKE A BETTER SETUP OR DO I NEED A 4 X 4 MIDI PORT ?

THANKS
MAURIX

mostly i play the PX5S .of course now i have ordered a real MasterKeyb with knobs and sliders to controll the Softsynths  andi will play the Proteus with it, the PX5S will be my Master for the Pianosounds .....

Ok, based on your description, your setup seems ok.  you would play either the roland or the PX and that would trigger the proteus.  In the end, everything gets routed through the proteus and recorded on the mac.

Noise problems can come from many sources.  My suspicion is if you are powering the Midisport by the midi cables only or by USB, my thought is there isn't enough power going into the box.  This can cause noise.  If it has an external power source, you would likely get better performance.

Also, if there is a USB cable plugged into the box, there may be grounding issues.  Three big things cause noise - interference, poor grounding, bad cables.  Those are top of the listers.  Easy fixes often come in the form of new, quality cables.  the others may not be so easy to track down.

Check the noise with either the PX or the Roland plugged into the Midisport, but not both.  Use 5 pin midi cables whenever possible and not USB.