Video Files on Forum ×

making a Drum Phrase Pack

Maurix

HI there my idea was to recreate the whole Drum Setups from my RS70 to have them inside the PX5S. So i have recorded every Drumpattern into midi on Cubase starting the drums with

start and autostop after 4 Beats....this works fine ....then i have transfered every Patch with the PX5S Software to a phrase Bank on my Casio... also i did a quick new Drumsetup

having the same drums assigment as the RS70.

If i start the any drum pattern it sounds quite slim with an effekt like it´s beeing doubled when it was recorded....!!???....any idea can this be happen `??

i can upload the recorded patterns if someone like to test it...

Also i think Casio should give us a little update with GM °drumaps ...some more Arrpeggios and the ability to name the Phrases it really bad having a lot of work and then after transfering the phrases you see 100 Drumpattern al with the same hyrogliphic name......

@Maurix

Your description sounds like doubling.  If you recorded into Cubase from the PX, were all 4 zones or more than 1 zone transmitting Midi?  If so, multiple midi events of the same note may have been recorded on a single track.  When you copied back from Cubase to the PX editor, even though it was a single midi channel, there may have been several of the same note on each beat.  It would be hard to see using music notation or a piano roll.  You'd have to look at the midi events (the numbers) themselves.

If you want to upload one or two of the patterns that you find weird, I'll take a look when I get a chance.