Video Files on Forum ×

PX360 and VST software thru internal speakers

CJMag

Hello, first time post.

I've had PX360 for 6 months now. I needed a silent piano to practice with when family doing things in room where acoustic Yammer 45" upright is. I'm a solid intermediate with no rhythm and even less talent.  But I adore my lessons with Ellen, and like playing.   Got digital piano to practice on and for little girl (she wanted blue cool looking one).  Recommendations/confirmations on PianomanChuck, other forums, AZPianoblog, effort and support Casio's M Martin gives to musical instruments, and local music lessons studio for children use Celvianos was what drew me to Casio.  What keeps me with them is outstanding product, and crazy pleased at price point.  

I like the action, and the grand piano sound is very good.  Just have a listen to PianomanChuck's comparison video on youtube to see for yourself.  But I personally like a change once in awhile, and the Bechstein sample (i think, most people say Steinway) is just OK for me.  Remember I play with an acoustic Yamaha, so very bright is what I hear most and that appeals to me.  Enter VST and Pianoteq.

Pretty Mrs.dislikes clutter of digital piano, wires, and wobbly speakers on top.  Too techno studio ish.  Hence my problem.  My current set-up for Pianoteq is PX360 USB to Surface Pro 3, and green headphone jack out to my daughters SkullCandy headphones or Klipsh THX speakers and subwoofer.  If just internal sounds of PX360, then headphone jack to headphones or Klipsch speakers and sub, or i just use built in speakers.

My question is can I use pianoteq with PX360 internal speakers?  Cannot seen to figure out an easy solution. In other  words, is USB to computer both ways, and can PX360 play pianoteq with me having to plug into computer?  Thanks for ideas,  Chris

I think it is possible. 
1) USB to Computer.
2) Computer audio output to PX-360 Line-In.
3) Use Balance menu to make an adjustment. Keep the line-in up, you can turn the rest of parameters down(at least turn down Upper 1)
There are other ways how to set it up. I am sure you will find more than 2 ;)

Some comments:
pianoteq is a cool thing, with many buts. In my opinion PX 360 itself is better (in terms of bank of sounds).
The polyphony of pianoteq cannot keep up with some passages.
We(i and my friend) were surprised when we found this problem.

If you do want some improvements get Integra 7 or Sound Module from Nord for instance. In addition software based sound modules have some "hidden" issues, when you start thinking about integration with real-time tutoring systems and DAW (this is not obvious). Think twice.

PianomanChuck may be he is a good musician(I do not have any idea how good he is), but his review about PX 360 is barely touching the surface.
M Martin makes a really good videos with a lot of details. It would be great to see his session dedicated to PX-360. 

In terms of lessons I would recommend pianomarvel.com(it is not an advertisement, I just truly like this software ) which is by far better than anything else on the marker of the online tutoring.