Video Files on Forum ×

MESSAGE FOR MIKE MARTIN

brownysweet

Mr. Mike Martin :  I am writing to you in order to first congratulate you on the Casio Px5s, what a keyboard, I am so proud to have it now. My question is this :  the Casio Px560 is out in my country now. I would like to buy it too. Am I doing the right thing or it would be kinda redundant? I know it has the hex layers, but I tried it in the store when I was waiting for the salesman to bring my Casio PX5s and to tell you the truth I also loved it!  Please help me out to make my decision, sir. Will having both keyboards give me the edge? I would be using both keyboards for my gigs, bossa nova, jazz, easy listening. Thank you for your reply and again congratulations on giving musicians magnificent instruments such as the Casio PX5s and Px560.

• Like 1

They're both very different as indicated in the blog post linked above.  The PX-560 is more convenient in some ways (speakers, rhythms) while the PX-5S is more powerful in other ways.  Some pro users like Steve Weingart use two PX-5S and sometimes he uses a PX-560 with a PX-5S as well.    You may also want to consider the MZ-X500 as playing some of these sounds on a 61-key unweighted keyboard is a completely different experience. 

• Like 1