Doesn't store changes to parts - even stumped Casio Tech support

Very bizarre.  If I take any style and make a volume change to a part, I can't store it into a registration for some reason, and I know for a fact that I used to be able to do it. 

As soon as I store it, when I play, the volume jumps back to the original volume of the part.   If I turn a part completely off, it will save THAT change, but not volume for some odd reason.  I called Casio tech support and he was baffled by it as well.   Any ideas? 

Rich

The answer is in the last section of the Parameter List at the bottom of the left hand column of Page E-162 of the WK-7600 manual, but it has to be correctly read and interpreted in order to be properly understood.  Any item with a circle in Column 2 of this section is saved in a Registration, but we need to correctly read the title of this section: "Mixer Settings for Part A01 through A04".  That is, this section of this table applies ONLY to the Real-Time-Play Parts: Right Hand Main (UPPER-1), Right Hand Layer (UPPER-2), Left Hand Split (LOWER), and Right Hand Harmonize.  It does NOT apply to Parts A05 through A16, A09 through A16 of which are the Rhythm Parts. So, Rhythm Part Parameters (with one exception) are NOT saved in Registrations.  They are considered  an integral part of the Rhythm itself, and changes/modifications to them can only be made with the RHYTHM EDITOR of the CTK/WK-6XXX units or the EASY EDIT mode of the PATTERN SEQUENCER of the CTK/WK-7XXX units, and then saved as User Rhythms.  The one exception to all of this is the "Part ON/OFF" parameter.  Since Part ON/OFF for REAL-TIME-PLAY Parts A01 through A04 is controlled from the buttons on the keyboard's front panel, it is NOT saved as part of a REGISTRATION, while Part ON/OFF for Parts A05 through A16  can be saved as part of a User Rhythm OR as part of a Registration.  Like you, it took me a very long while to figure out why I could sometimes successfully save changes to Rhythms, but often could not.  It all depended upon what I was trying to save and how I was trying to save it, but the real key was in properly understanding what the "Mixer Settings" section of the Parameter List was really indicating.

Hope this helps !  Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

• Like 1