New - Just bought a PX730, broken stand...

funkyhed84

Hi

I have just bought a Casio Privia PX730 for my nearly 8 year old daughter, I have no clue about keyboards or pianos but she is crazy about them and has a lesson once a week and practices most evenings using youtube tutorials etc and although I am obviously extreme bias, she is very good. 

Anyway, we do not want to spend a fortune on a piano or keyboard until we know for sure it's something she wants to continue and not just a phase. She currently has an electric keyboard we were given, nothing special but ok for practice. 

We came across somebody selling a Privia PX730, the only problem was the pedals were not working since it was damaged during a house move, the beam the pedals are on has a break in it. I was wondering if it was possible to purchase a new stand/pedals or if it was even worth doing so at this early stage in her learning? We have paid £75 for it. 

Any advice would be massively appreciated. 

Many Thanks 

Joe

Hi Joe,

It's possible that the pedals are part of the SP32 (possibly the SP33 but I doubt it. Make sure you get the right one). These units are available at many retailers who carry Casio products including online. Make sure the retailer has a reasonable return policy in case that's not the problem. I think you should be able to find a model number on the pedal "beam."

I'm not sure about the 730, but you may be able to buy a stand-alone pedal as well that simply plugs into a jack on the back. It will only do sustain, but that's 95% of what most people do as far as piano pedaling.

• 11 months later...

Hello!

I have a similar problem and would like to know if you have managed to do something about the pedal board. I have Casio PX-730 and during transport from one town to other the transport company broke the pedal board. Could I buy a new one or I will have to find some way to repair it?

There is what I get for PX 730 online.

http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?mfg=casio&model_id=PX700&action=list_part&mode=auto&back=0

Pedal Board and Pedal Assembly are discontinued. However there is  Casio 91087980620 Pedal Unit which may work for you.

Piano is such thing everyone shall want to spend a fortune for ( If for any reason you still do not  have it)   :)