Recording from the XW-PD1?

tuxfriend

8 hours ago, Scott Hamlin said:

^^ This ^^, although you will get better results using an audio interface with line-in jacks. 

What can you recommend? Not too expensive, in the 50 bucks area. Played around with headphone out to mic in, doesn't work. Bought a Creative Sound Blaster Play 2 online yesterday because the notebook mic-ins are crappy anyway but I'm open to better sounding and lower latency alternatives.

Thank you all for your suggestions! :banana:

Then use the headphone if getting stereo from it. Play around with the casio volume, input gain on PC, stereo volume on pc. More or less pull up the pcs sound mixer tab so can get a solid balance for recording.

http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

Beyond that link to free recording program. If you are just recording straight stereo off the casio, then latency will not be a problem. 

Looks like even the USB sound card's mic in (Creative Soundblaster Live 2) is only monophonic (tailored for use with a headset). Well played, Creative! Mono in 2016! :chainsaw:

So I went to my trusty PX-5S, connected the XW-PD1 to the PX-5S's audio-in, put the keyboard in record mode and it recorded in stereo, sounding even better when using PD1's line-out (cinch). Finally, I know what I have to do: buy a gadget with line-in (supporting stereo) and the XW-PD1 can stay with me. No need to send the XW-PD1 back, I would have hated doing that! The USB soundcard I'll keep for use with my other computers (just in case).

EDIT: For flexibility's sake I've just bought a Zoom H1MB. Ok, it's more expensive, but then I can use the XW-PD1 outdoors and make recordings and use the mic for other stuff as well.

Sorry for being such a pest! At least the matter is now solved (I can only hope) ... ^_^