Video Files on Forum ×

About Casio WK 7600 - Link to controler

goran

Hello I use the WK7600 with Kontakt and change sounds from the keyboard without touching the computer.

I have not tested the drawbar organ but I believe until they work for VSTS.
The rest is what we know.
Key on Key off
Bend
Modulation
sustain
Change sounds
Volume of sounds by the panel
Addressing each keyboard rhythm channel for VST.

The WK7600 is already a great keyboard controller.

Goran

The Tone Editor in the WK-7600 allows, for any tone, control of Attack and Release, but NOT Decay or Sustain, in the ADSR Envelope parameters.  It also allows control of Cutoff, but NOT Resonance.  Because of its lack of control over Decay, Sustain, and Resonance, many consider its tone editing capabilities to be severely limited.  A synth it is not!  It allows Reverb and Chorus OR Reverb and DSP to be active at the same time, but NOT Chorus and DSP, although there are many DSP presets that include Chorus.

Silvano

The CTK/WK-7XXX Sliders do send CC messages, when in Drawbar Organ mode, as do those in the XW units.  Several of us experimented with assigning CC messages to the XW Sliders when the XW's first came out, but gave up in utter frustration.  If I remember correctly, the problem was changing the assignments.  You could apparently change them, but they would immediately fallback to the factory defaults.  I don't know if anyone was ever able to accomplish this or not, so when I got my CTK-7000 and WK-7500, I just assumed they would have the same problem with the sliders as the XW units, and never bothered with them for that purpose.  I always figured, if I needed that degree of control, I would just buy a dedicated Controller Keyboard.  I think you have probably done way more with your WK-7500 in that respect than I ever have with mine.

Regards,

Ted

• Like 1