Video Files on Forum ×

Unwanted distortion CDP 200R

Koffelbourg

Hello everyone, 

Today as I turned my keyboard on and started to play a few notes, I noticed that some notes were heavily distorted, while some more discretely. This is the first time that it happened in about 4 years of playing. I tried different tones, with and whithout headset, turning if off and on a few times, checking the settings, but nothing worked. I recorded myself to show you what it sounds like, at 1min it's very noticeable ( I know I play this piece too fast...). If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be very grateful! 

I will agree with Joe.  Sounds like the pitch wheel is malfunctioning.  Try moving the wheel up and down a few times and see if it bends smoothly.  The pot may need cleaning. Moving the wheel a few times the full throw might self clean it.  Worth a try. If that does not help the keyboard will need servicing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BradMZ said:

I will agree with Joe.  Sounds like the pitch wheel is malfunctioning.  Try moving the wheel up and down a few times and see if it bends smoothly.  The pot may need cleaning. Moving the wheel a few times the full throw might self clean it.  Worth a try. If that does not help the keyboard will need servicing. 

Oh wow can't believe it worked, thank you so much! I can finally play again :)

• Like 2