Editing tones

Rocknrolldentist

Hello--I've tried to edit some tones (pianos especially) to see if I can modify the sounds, with no luck.  I've gone into edit>filter>and then cutoff, or resonance, or velocity sense or decay time--but I dont hear any difference in the tone, except slightly with cutoff--AM I doinmg something wrong?  How else can I alter tones like the experts have done (ie BradMZ or Mike Hamlin). Any advise would be helpful.....I'm loving all the things I can do with my privia.  Thanks!

23 hours ago, Rocknrolldentist said:

Hey Aron--Whats the difference between Hex tones and regular tones? Also, shouldn't i hear some difference from my tweaking of regular tones? Lastly, I don't have a clue how to use the editor..... Your input on these questions is very much appreciated!

Hex tones is a combination of tones and / or wave forms, Tones are the sounds category which can be separate edited like piano or bass giving each their long or short release and such.

• 2 weeks later...