Video Files on Forum ×

Instant one-touch toggling between zones during live performance?

Jason Garner

I would be very grateful for any help with this - I hope - basic request. I have created a stage setting with zone 1 piano and zone 2 drawbar organ. There are no splits because the live performance of the song requires both instruments across a range of octaves. My question is this: how can I instantly toggle between the piano and organ in the live performance of this song at the touch of a button? On stage, I don't have time to press the zone -/+ buttons to disable the piano in zone 1, then zone + to enter the drawbar organ zone, then zone -/+ buttons to enable the organ. Is there a simple way instantly to toggle between the sounds assigned to zones with a single button?

If each sound needs the full 88...but not layered....why not use 2 stage settings? Write the stage setting with only the piano zone active. Then swap the active zone to the organ and write the stage setting to the neighboring slot. They can live side by side.  A single button press can change stage settings.