Sign in to follow this  
Brandon751

WK 6500 Driver

Brandon

With respect to the driver, the WK-6500 does not download anything to the computer.  The driver is already built-in to the computer's operating system.  What operating system is your computer using ?  Are you powering the WK-6500 on AFTER you connect it to the computer ?

I am having the same problem.  You say the WK-6500 does not download anything.  But the manual for this keyboard explicitly states on page E-112,

3.  Turn on the Digital Keyboard.

- If this is the first time you are connecting the Digital Keyboard to your computer, the driver software required to send and receive data will be installed on your computer automatically.

Nothing is happening and I'm unable to use this keyboard with Finale.  Can you help?

He is correct when he says that nothing is downloaded.  The manual is correct as well.  Modern Casio's use a class compliant USB driver already present on computer hard drives.  When the keyboard is connected to USB, Windows or Mac computers should automatically install the driver. I'm not familair with Finale but it should have a MIDI settings section that will let you choose the input/output device.  Casio USB Midi should show up in the available devices if the driver has installed correctly. Look for that.