Problem: XW-G1 Master Volume is Too Low

Imanji

I just purchased the XW-G1.  After powering on the unit, the volume is very low.  For example, with the master volume turned to max (i.e., 10), the sound remains at min (i.e., 1).  I cannot tell if there's a problem with the instrument or if there's a setting that needs to be adjusted.  The troubleshooting entries in the manual does not seem to address this issue. Can anyone offer suggestions to remedy this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Imanji

Scott,

Yes, I tried both output types. The knob does produce a change in volume.  Turning to min (full left) produces no sound at all and turning the knob to max (full right) yields a faint volume equivalent to about a 1 or 2.   

• 2 weeks later...

Have you managed to sort out this problem Imanji? The only thing I can think of is that you may have a very light touch which results in key velocity giving a low volume. Does the volume increase if you play harder? If so, you can alter the touch sensitivity via Performance->Controller->Touch.

Me thinks its a non discovered bug, I had issue related to channel volume with patches for some time.

Some patches showed channel volume where down for some reason. Noticed after saving a patch several

times or switching between patches. Also on multiple interval use on the sampler something

unexpected might happen for instance non responsive dsp effects or #CC. Or switching solo synths. 

Sometimes I could resolve it by switching to mixer mode and traverse each channel or setting them manually. 

Sometimes Reboot was the only option but doesn't necessarily lead to an result.

I've tried to discover if there is something related happening to pin point it accurately as far I've found is the above.