Discrete Left & Right Outputs

John Postel

Using the Casio CGP-700 keyboard's onboard mixer, I can't completely isolate parts 1 and 2 by panning fully left and right, respectively.  My main reason for buying this model was to be able to send discrete piano to one channel on my amp and then send discrete organ (likely through a volume pedal and Leslie foot pedal - not configured for that yet) to another channel on my amp.  What I'm experiencing is the Part 2 Organ is bleeding unacceptably into the Part 1 Piano.  I've confirmed similar results using other instruments/voices than piano/organ.  The Part 1 Piano does NOT seem to be bleeding into the Part 2 Organ, although that's a bit hard to tell.  I don't want to be playing a piano-only piece with an organ bed beneath it.  I've had my old Yamaha S80, with it's four discrete outs configured this way for years.  I was told prior to purchase that you can send discrete outs to the two channels.  Any suggestions?   Also, the rotating controller works pretty well in clockwise mode, but is hanging up badly in counterclockwise mode.