Video Files on Forum ×

MZ-X500 Review at SynthZone

Display Name

On 22/04/2016 at 0:46 AM, Scott Hamlin said:

Thank-you, that's a great, detailed MZ-X500 user review from synthzone member 'Squeak D'.   Shows a quote from the review, seen on the MZ-X500 Facebook page:   

synths.png

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see a positively written review. But then there are two other MZ-X500-related threads where some of the comments are not so enthusiastic:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/420423/Casio_MZX_500_Issues_Please_Re#Post420423

and

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/421219/MZ_X500_Ralph_Maten_sound_Demo#Post421219

Unfortunately, there's a lot of diss'ing and dumping on Casio and its products in evidence there. One poster even claimed posts HERE and on the Casio Facebook page were being deleted by mods because they included negative comments about Casio and/or its products.

As far as I know, nothing regarding the MZ-X series has been moderated on this forum and only 1 thread was deleted in the Facebook group.  That one contained content violating group rules. Some comments became nasty.  We do not allow that.  We pride ourselves on running a friendly safe group. 

As far as synth zone, they do not allow new members to register.  If anyone is serious about a Casio related discussion, they need to join this forum so everyone can be involved in the conversation.  

• Like 3

The person who complained about posts being deleted was probably the person who got nasty on Facebook. Re Synth Zone: Yeah, it took awhile for Nigel to sign me up but he eventually did. News to me that they are no longer accepting new forum members. Despite its name it's very arranger oriented and, like most long-running forums, a little on the clique-y side. I don't feel like the CMF (Casio Music Forums) has reached that point but I might not be objective since I suppose I could be considered part of the CMF clique. :P 

I won't go into specifics, but we do not delete posts that offer constructive criticism about Casio, On the contrary, it's encouraged and how Casio gets feedback on how to implement features people want. When the PX-5S came out, people mentioned they wanted an expression pedal input, larger screen, music rest, transpose buttons and speakers. Guess what they put in the PX-560? :) Yup - ALL of that.

Posts ONLY get moderated when they get nasty, contain personal attacks, or violate group rules in other ways. Period. Same as here.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BradMZ said:

As far as I know, nothing regarding the MZ-X series has been moderated on this forum and only 1 thread was deleted in the Facebook group.  That one contained content violating group rules. Some comments became nasty.  We do not allow that.  We pride ourselves on running a friendly safe group. 

As far as synth zone, they do not allow new members to register.  If anyone is serious about a Casio related discussion, they need to join this forum so everyone can be involved in the conversation.  

I tried many times to join the synth zone forum, if only to join in on the recent Casio MZ-X500 discussion / smugfest.  

Find it rather churlish of synth zone forum not to grant full access to any CasioMusicForum members.  Whatever happened to the Right to Reply? 

synth zone;  a familiar refrain:   " New user registrations are not being accepted at this time."

If you want to join synthzone, you need to email the admin, and convince him you are not a spammer... By telling him what keyboard you own and why you like it...

in general synthzone is a nice place with many nice people...  there is a lot if good advice comming from the members when you ask questions..

the whole mz-x discussion getting out of hand was probably my mistake...  I tried to explain why these high end arrangers and synths never come witouth small bugs... Sadly it never landed how hard it is to test these instruments internally with just a few develoopers.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2016 at 6:13 PM, BradMZ said:

It's no big deal for me. I don't really want to join synth zone. ;) 

Neither do I.   With these latest videos, got enough info' now for me to commit to a new Casio MZ-X500.

Personally speaking,  I doubt there would be anything useful for me at synth zone.  (I'm a pacifist, see). 

• 2 weeks later...