Mr. Martin, my comparison between Px5s and Korg Krome

brownysweet

Hi, I am basically new to these forums. My name is Cesar. I have been playing synths for more than 20 years and now it is the time to compare this beautiful Casio Privia Px5s to the Korg Krome. I do not mean to put the Krome to shame or something. I have been tweaking sounds on both keyboards for more than a month and these are my conclusions :

1-The Casio Px5s can get the warmest pads of the two. Consider using different filters and editing capabilities on both keyboards and no matter what you do on the Krome, the Px5s blows it out of the water when it comes to evolving pads. I have no idea how Casio  or Mike Martin did it but that is the truth and IMHO the Casio can produce the most beautiful evolving pads I have ever heard.

2-The keys on the Casio Px5s make a big difference as well. Incredibly, the pads on the Krome improved somehow when I controlled it with the Px5s!  Those keys are pure gold, period..

3-It is true, the Krome is also capable of giving you nice string sounds and pads, but at the end of the day, the Casio Px5s is my favorite. Please Mr. Martin, can you come up with more string sounds for the Casio Px5s, I mean strings similar to the ones you find on the PX560? If you do it, you will be taking us Px5s users to another level.

To conclude, I love both keyboards for what they do, but the Px5s is the deal, those pads are out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Any thoughts Mr. Martin?

What I meant is to really give all Px5s users the same strings you find on the Px560. Those strings are much better than the ones you get from the download sections or extra sound files for the Px5s. I tested the Px560 and the strings were much better than anything offered for free on these forums. Mr. Martin could create a file of these Px560 strings for us Px5s users, unless doing so would hurt Px560 sales? Please Mr. Martin, reply to this post and let me know if it is possible to get the Px560 strings for the Px5s. If this is not possible , I will have to fork out like a  1000  bucks to buy the Px560. I am just trying to find a way to save money!!!

Well, I am at the music store right now and I have just purchased the Px560 and got it for just 900 dollars. Lucky day I guess. I am buying this keyboard just for the strings and the  built in speakers. I am a happy camper now. I will be writing a review soon. Thanks for your reply anyways.

• Like 1